M-commerce: Show Me The Money
- Operators admit 3G forecasts unrealistic. // New Media Age;9/26/2002, p16
Reports on the forecasts of the company Forrester Research on the use of third generation (3G) wireless communications in Europe as of September 2002. Views of mobile operators on 3G communication; Predictions of Forrester analyst Michelle de Lussanet for 3G communication.
- Operator hopes for 3G overoptimistic. // New Media Age;10/17/2002, p17
Reports on the predictions of Forrester research company on the revenues of European operators from third generation (3G)/UMTS wireless telephones between 2002 and 2007. Percentage of revenues from 3G/UMTS phones; Plans for the deployment of UMTS networks; Usage of UMTS.
- New world orders. Dancer, Helen // Bulletin with Newsweek;05/25/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6175, p84
Presents information on Australia's ranking by Forrester Research among other countries as capable of supporting Internet-inspired business models or dynamic trade. Comments from John McCarthy of Forrester; The measures used; Criteria for assessing the various countries including the state of...
- The Screening Process. Wallace, Caity // New Moon;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p27
The article presents the author's views on the advantages and disadvantages of the Internet. The author relates the convenience she experiences through Internet shopping. However, she is also concerned with crimes associates with the Internet. The article also offers tips to ensure safety when...
- REMOTE REVOLUTION. Connolly, Alison // Computer Weekly;3/14/2006, p50
The article focuses on issues related to the use of wireless communication systems. As businesses increasingly take for granted the ability to give employees access to office systems while they are on the move, wireless computing will pose an escalating support and security challenge for chief...
- Report shows e-commerce booming. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Apr99, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p4
Reveals that intercompany trade of hard goods via the Internet in the United States has reached $43 billion in 1998 as projected by Forrester Research Inc.
- E-BUSINESS BAROMETER. Battey, Jim // InfoWorld;06/25/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p21
Presents news related to E-business economy as of June 25, 2001. Major business-to-business deals and developments; Application service providers that will have the best chance of succeeding; Key to business-to-business success, according to a study by Forrester Research.
- HANDICAPPING M-COMMERCE. Young, Deborah // Wireless Review;08/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p24
Considers several issues that must be addressed by wireless providers in preparation for the mobile electronic commerce. Three major obstacles identified by Ovum for telecommunication companies; Ways by which wireless providers can participate in mobile commerce; Technical considerations in...
- HOT & COLD M-Commerce Opportunities. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;03/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p32
Talks about the opportunities for m-commerce technology in the wireless communication industry. Strategies for implementing m-commerce; How to conduct transactions through the technology; Concern over security and privacy of the application.