Another White Knight Emerges
- Castle Harlan withdraws offer to salvage Iridium. Smith, Hilary // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p6
Reports that Castle Harlan Inc. is withdrawing its offer to purchase satellite company Iridium LLC, citing Iridium's limited potential to generate revenue.
- Castle Harlan leads in race to save Iridium. Smith, Hilary // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p3
Reports that New York City-based Castle Harlan Inc. has led the race to save Iridium LLC, an operator of low-earth-orbit satellites and other infrastructure that filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in August 1999.
- Iridium Is in Peril After Buyer Flees. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p5
Focuses on the decision of Castle Harlan Inc. to withdraw its planned acquisition of the assets of Iridium Systems LLC. Factors that made Castle to drop its acquisition plans; Information on the bankruptcy report of Iridium.
- $100 MILLION ACQUISITION. Koucky, Sherri; Mraz, Stephen // Machine Design;06/01/2000, Vol. 72 Issue 11, p30
Reports on the acquisition of Gravograph Industrie International, a manufacturer of machines and materials used in engraving by merchant bank Castle Harlan Incorporated. Value of the deal.
- Spotlight. // Restaurant Hospitality;Aug97, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p16
Reports that Castle Harlan, a New York merchant bank has reentered the restaurant business, with a purchase of Charlie Brown's from Restaurant Associates. Information on the purchase price; Statements from a bank spokesman.
- New York merchant bank to purchase AMR Services. Searles, Robert A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Feb99, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p18
Announces Castle Harlan Inc.'s agreement to acquire AMR Services, which performs a variety of ground support functions at airports worldwide.
- Foray into aviation. // Crain's New York Business;01/04/99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the agreement of New York-based merchant bank Castle Harlan to acquire Texas-based AMR Corp.'s airline-and airport-services unit. Background on the two companies.
- Castle Harlan bullish on Morton's buy despite $100M debt. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/5/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 31, p4
Details the acquisition on Morton's of Chicago Inc. by Castle Harlan Inc. in the U.S. Financial terms of the deal; Opposition of Morton shareholders on the deal; Plan of shareholders to file a class action suit against Castle Harlan.
- AMR Services Sold. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;1/11/99, Vol. 257 Issue 2, p15
Reports the sale of AMR Corporation management services and logistics division to Castle Harlan. Concentration of AMR on airline service business; Disclosure on the terms of the sale; Positive response from Castle Harlan on the acquisition.