- Motorola Outsources Its Manufacturing. // Quality;Oct2000, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the outsourcing agreement signed by Schaumburg, Illinois-based Motorola Inc. with San Jose, California-based Flextronics International Inc., an electronics manufacturing services company. Aim of the deal; Comments from Gray Benoist of Motorola; Flextronics' quality program.
- Motorola inks $30 billion alliance with Flextronics. April, Carolyn A. // InfoWorld;06/05/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p14
Focuses on the five-year outsourcing deal signed by Motorola with Flextronics International. Expectations of Motorola from the deal; Terms of the agreement.
- Contract Bridges. Thuermer, Karen E. // Export Today's Global Business;Aug2000, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p36
Deals with the emerging trend towards outsourcing among manufacturers. Force driving the global contract manufacturing concept; Terms of the outsourcing agreement plans of Motorola Communications Enterprise with Flextronics; Multinationals that have moved toward outsource manufacturing; Benefit...
- Opinions Vary Over Ericsson's Outsourcing Of Handsets. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the move of Ericsson to outsource its handset assembly to Flextronics International Ltd. Varying views on Ericsson's decision; Significance of the contract to Flextronics; Focus on other vendors entering a similar deal.
- Ericsson to outsource handset production. Evers, Joris; Williams, Martyn // InfoWorld;02/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p56A
Reports that Singapore-based Flextronics International Inc. will take over Ericsson AB facilities in Brazil, Malaysia, Sweden and the United Kingdom and in parts of its United States plant in Lynchburg, Virginia. Estimated number of Ericsson employees who will join Flextronics; Reduction in the...
- Late News. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1
States that the company Alcatel signed a memorandum of understanding to outsource the European manufacturing of its GSM cellular phone handsets to Flextronics. Strategy of Alcatel; Discussions on the possible merger of Alcatel with Lucent Technologies Inc.; Financial condition of Alcatel.
- Remember the Bottom Line. Tice, David W. // On Wall Street;Dec2000, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p65
Examines the efforts of several electronic contract manufacturers to increase their stocks despite decreasing profits. Increase in the revenues of ECM; Average debt-to-equity ratio of ECM; Partnership between Flextronics and Motorola.
- MOTOROLA. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;11/18/2013 Supplement, p8
The article focuses on the smartphone Moto X from Motorola Inc. and Flextronics International Ltd., which is the first smartphone to be assembled in the U.S. and has been shipped from Texas in September 2013 and mentions a showcasing event which was attended by Texas Governor Rick Perry.
- Flextronics Deal Rocks EMS World. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;06/05/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 23, p1
Highlights the agreement between Flextronics International Ltd. and Motorola Inc. Terms of the agreement; Effect of the agreement to Flextronics revenues; Forecast on the growth of contracting out by telecommunication original equipment manufacturers. INSET: EMS Firms Play Global Pick-and-Place.