DoCoMo Reaches Kokomo?
- NTT DoCoMo steps up global strategy. Mori, Yoko // Global Wireless;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the global investments of wireless carrier NTT DoCoMo as of January 2001. Percentage of AT&T Wireless acquired by the company; Details of the company's acquisitions in Europe; Impact of the company's deals on other telecommunication companies.
- NTT DoCoMo expansion. Weiss, Ed // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p20
Reports that Japanese telecommunication company, NTT DoCoMo will acquire interest in the AT&T Wireless Group. NTT's acquisition of shares in Taiwan's mobile carrier, KG Telecom; Acquisition strategy of NTT. INSET: News in brief..
- Hollings, Dingell discount VoiceStream/DT merger. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the opposition against the acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. by Deutsche Telekom AG.
- IN BRIEF. // Total Telecom+;May2014, p3
This section offers news briefs in the telecommunications industry as of May 2014. Japanese mobile phone operator NTT DoCoMo has launched a partnership to test fifth generation (5G) technologies with several companies including Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, and Nokia. Vietnamese mobile phone...
- DoCoMo to launch international roaming. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p24
Informs on NTT DoCoMo Inc.'s launching of an international roaming service using the world's first PDC/IS-95 dual-mode phones with Korea's SK Telecom.
- the wireless Tsunami losing momentum? Rao, Madanmohan // Wireless Week;5/20/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p32
Focuses on the challenges faced by Japanese wireless Internet services provider NTT DoCoMo Inc., as it moves into third-generation and global expansion in 2002. Concerns on whether it can replicate its success in Japan, in other countries; Success of the i-mode wireless Internet service,...
- DoCoMo puts i-mode on hold. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;May2000, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the halting of NTT DoCoMo's wireless data service, i-mode. Problems with the service's software, firewall and network connections; Increase in the demand for wireless data; Increase in the number of the service's customers. INSET: Contents under pressure: 10,000 i-mode Web sites and...
- Lessons from Japan. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2002, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the third generation (3G) service called 'Freedom of Multimedia Access,' developed by NTT DoCoMo in Japan. Offering of the FOMA devices; Delivery of i-mode content and applications; Nature of the billing system. INSET: FOMA rollout in Japan..
- W-CDMA. Mollman, Steve // Wireless Asia;Nov2001, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p10
Reports the launch of a third generation (3G) terminal network by DoCoMo in Japan. Competitions from KDDI and J-Phones; Market status of 3G handsets; Comparison of 3G network features of several companies.