Seaborg Resigns from AEC
- No. 97. // Time;
The article reports on the discovery of a new element called berkelium by Doctor Glenn T. Seaborg and his co-workers at the University of California. The discovery was reported in "The San Francisco Examiner" despite the fact that such discoveries are on the restricted list of the Atomic Energy...
- New Frontiers Of The Mind. Seaborg, Glenn T. // Vital Speeches of the Day;2/15/71, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p282
Presents the text of a speech given by Glenn T. Seaborg, chairman of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, on December 30, 1970, which deals with the advancement of science.
- Our Heritage Of The Moments. Seaborg, Glenn T. // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/15/64, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p90
Presents the text of a speech given by Glenn T. Seaborg, chairman of U.S. Atomic Energy Commission, on October 19, 1964, concerning the developments in the science of metallurgy and the importance of the materials sciences and technologies to the society.
- Atomic Energy. Seaborg, Glenn T. // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/1/67, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p752
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. Atomic Energy Commission Chairman Glenn T. Seaborg on August 31, 1967, which deals with atomic energy.
- Computer in the Kitchen. Jeffery, Grant // America;8/18/1962, Vol. 107 Issue 20, p608
The article focuses on the advent of computers which further advances in technologies and electronics in the U.S. Glenn T. Seaborg, chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission, has predicted that majority of American homes will have their own computer in the next 30 years. Accordingly, computers...
- Milestones. // Time;3/8/1999, Vol. 153 Issue 9, p27
Presents brief articles regarding people in the news as of March 8, 1999. The death of Jose Quintero, founder of the Circle in the Square group; Death of Glenn Seaborg, former chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission; More.
- Sharing the Atom ... // Time;9/13/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p62
The article informs that Glenn Seaborg, the retiring chairman of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission has revealed on the sharing of information between the U.S. and Soviet Union about their nuclear capacity. A team of scientists from Soviet Union had visited the U.S. to know about nuclear...
- The Uses of Adversity. // Time;2/16/1970, Vol. 95 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the views of Glenn T. Seaborg, chairman of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC). While testifying before a House subcommittee on a bill for the arts and humanities, Seaborg argued that triumphant technology is now prompting man to question what is being done with his...
- GLENN SEABORG: From Californium to the AEC. // Time;11/10/1961, Vol. 78 Issue 19, p25
The article profiles chemist Glenn Theodore Seaborg, a member of the General Advisory Committee of the Atomic Energy Commission in the U.S. He was born Ishpeming, Michigan but his family moved to California. He went to the University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA) and at the UC Berkeley...