Koruna To Strengthen, Despite New FX Policy
- Rising Possibility Of A Rate Cut. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/20/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p18
Forecasts the currency rate possibilities in Czech Republic. Possibility of an interest rate reduction; Potential effect of interest rate increase on the economy; Inflation forecast of Czech National Bank.
- Euro Will Be Introduced Later than 2010. Hájková, Dana; Holub, Tomáš // Czech Business & Trade;2007, Issue 1/2, p5
The Czech Republic's entry into the euro area will bring numerous benefits to the Czech national economy, but also certain risks. The risks are mainly connected with the loss of an independent monetary policy and of the possibility of macroeconomic adjustment to the largest trade partners by...
- How Many More Rate Hikes? // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/7/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 29, p18
Presents updates on the economy of Czech Republic as of November 2005. Increase in the key policy rate of the Czech National Bank; Deficit target of the country; Performance of the Czech koruna currency.
- Czech Republic: Central Bank Hints At Interest Rate Hikes. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/23/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p18
The article discusses the probability that the next change in the benchmark rate of the Czech National Bank (CNB) would be on the upside from the current 2.5% as announced by Zdenek Tuma, CNB governor in April 2007. Tuma says that there are indications of inflationary pressures building up in...
- Czech Republic: Koruna To Continue Strengthening. // Emerging Markets Monitor;4/14/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p15
The article presents an economic forecast for the Czech Republic in 2008. The Czech government has agreed new measures with the Czech National Bank to stem the rapid appreciation of the koruna. According to the article, it is hoped that the measures will facilitate the government's plan to...
- CZK: Further Appreciation Ahead. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/2/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p18
The article presents currency forecasts for Czech Republic in 2007. The Czech koruna has reached new trading range. The authors claim that it is the strength of the economy which is driving forward the appreciation of the koruna. The quarterly inflation report in January could well result in the...
- Czech: CZK To Benefit From Strong Economy. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p19
Reports on the performance of the Czech koruna as of May 2006. Value of the currency against euro in February; Influence of healthy macroeconomic fundamentals on the outlook for koruna; Expected rate of the currency against the euro.
- Rate Cut Surprises Markets. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jun2005, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that the Czech National Bank (CNB) has its two-week repossessed rate by 25 basis points to 1.75% in April 2005, as a response to reduced inflation forecasts in 2006. Explaining the decision, which took most analysts and markets by surprise, central bank Governor Zdenek Tuma...
- DATA & FORECASTS. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2005, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p7
The article focuses on the economic conditions in Czech Republic. According to Business Monitor International Ltd. consumer price growth measured 1.7% year-on-year in August, as the run of sub 2% inflation continued into its eighth month despite the buoyant economy. The absence of inflationary...