The End Of Large-Scale Polish Migration To The UK?
- Near-Term Political Risks. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p14
Forecasts the performance of Poland's economy in 2003. Factors which may jeopardize the plans of the country to enter the European Union; Discussion on the possible decline in interest rates in the country; Assessment of domestic monetary trends.
- EU Benefits Mask Domestic Weakness. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p5
Forecasts the economic conditions of Poland for 2006. Role of the European Union in improving Poland's economy; Factors that curtailing the economy's improvement such as high government spending and lack of domestic labor market reforms; Expectation on the growth of gross domestic product from...
- Economic Structure and Context: Demographics and Labor Markets. // Poland Country Monitor;Nov2011, p20
The article focuses on the economic structure in Poland in terms of demographics and labor markets as of November 2011. It says that there is high structural unemployment problems due to the transition from socialism to market-based system. It states that migration to other European Union (EU)...
- MIGRATION MANAGEMENT IN POLISH ECONOMY: RISKS AND BENEFITS. Kopycinska, Danuta; Zwiech, Patrycja // Transformation in Business & Economics;2010 Supp B, Vol. 9 Issue 2B, p285
Market economy, introduced in Poland in 1989, has changed all management systems to a large extent (the migration management system as well). Most of all, cross-border traffic regulations were subject to liberalization and everyone was given the right to travel abroad freely. However, freedom of...
- Chapter 5: Impact of Remittances on the Indonesian Economy. Satriawan, Elan; Haris, Abdul // International Migration in Southeast Asia;2004, p137
Chapter 5 of the book "International Migration in Southeast Asia" is presented. It explores the implications of remittances on the Indonesian economy. It discusses the significant role of remittances as an international resource flow. It highlights the trends and patterns of the labor...
- The Labor Market in Poland. Gora, Marek // Eastern European Economics;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p75
Discusses the impact of economic transition on the existence of Poland's labor market. Average annual unemployment rate; Labor-market flows; Interrelationship among unemployment, vacancies and inflation.
- Executive Summary. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2008 3rd Quarter, p5
The article presents the executive summary of the 2008 country report for Poland, including information on the country's economic condition, such as the percentage points of gross domestic products as well as its plan to spend $55 billion for a new road construction in preparation for the Euro...
- chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2008 3rd Quarter, p11
The article reports on the economic outlook of Poland for the third quarter of 2008, including information on the country's economic activity, monetary policy, and exchange rate policy.
- chapter 3: 10-Year Forecast. // Poland Business Forecast Report;2009 2nd Quarter, p23
The article presents the ten-year forecast on the condition and growth dynamics of the economy in Poland.