Performance Apparel Grabs Larger Share of Sport Apparel
- Lessons From the Old Days. ABERCROMBIE, RALPH // Wearables;Oct2009, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p20
The author offers tips to printable sportswear companies based on the lessons he has learned from the early practices of the industry. He opines that an embellished shirt also serves as a fashion statement aside from being a body covering. The importance of having good customer service is...
- golf apparel. // Wearables Business;Jan2006, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p48
The article features several golf clothes in the U.S. including the Nike Golf Ladies' Dri-Fit UV Sport Shirt from SanMar, Hanes Stretch Sportshirt, Byron Nelson Baby Pique Solid Mercerized Polo from VF Imagewear and the Ultimate Outer Banks Polo.
- Sidelines. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/20/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 36, p10
Presents news on the sport clothes and sporting goods industry in the United States. Plans of specialty store chain Blades to open a store in Staten Island Mall; Features of the Action Sports Retailer Show; Inclusion of Magic Wear's president Richard Coleman in the motion picture `There's...
- Bodywear tones up. Lee, Georgia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/25/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 17, WWDSport p18
Reports on the participation of several bodywear manufacturers in the 1996 Super Show in Atlanta, Georgia. Introduction of performance-oriented products which integrate function and fashion; Display of various advanced fabrics; Description of products from several participating bodywear...
- Product directory. // Women's Sports & Fitness;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p102
Presents a directory of the products found within the January/February 1998 issue of Women's Sports & Fitness.'
- New goal: Sell, sell, sell. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on marketing trends affecting the business of sports clothing merchandisers in the United States in 1999. Partnerships with sports events to market related merchandise; Openings of new stores.
- Super Show updates activewear buyers. // Discount Store News;3/3/97, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p4
Reports on trends in activewear retailing as observed at the Super Show '97 held in Atlanta, Georgia. Potential growth for the athletic segment of the market; Trends in color, fabrication and style; Background on several sporting good companies present at the show.
- Time for a rethink in the USA and EU. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p26
Presents excerpts from a speech on the sport clothing industry in the United States and European Union countries made by Invista chief executive officer Bill Ghitis to a conference in Monte Carlo, Monaco. The industry faces the challenge to inspire consumers to want their products and to sell...
- new products. // Wearables Business;Aug2006, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p37
The article introduces several sportswear products. It includes Pacific Sportswear & Emblem custom metal dog tags, SOS From Texas' short-sleeve youth T-shirt, and WW Group USA's Lady Talladega style 4480 racing cotton comfort polo shirt.