Timberland Shutters Mion and GoLite Projects
- Jarring Political, Economic Events' Effect on Retailing. Merrefield, David // SN: Supermarket News;11/1/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 44, p12
Looks at the factors that affect the financial performance of retailers in the U.S. Causes and effects of the retrenchment in the industry; Decline in trade promotion spending; Limitations of the industry.
- Lagging retail sales characterize the year in automobiles. Pacheco, Dennis Costa // Caribbean Business;12/27/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 51, p45
The article reports on the development of retail sales for new automobiles in Puerto Rico in 2007. According to the latest Puerto Rico Automobile Retail Sales Report, the sale in November of 9,157 vehicles was not enough to offset the trend of declining sales of automobiles. Due to the declining...
- RETAILER NEWS. Duff, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;2/27/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p20
The article reports developments related to the retail business in the U.S. Ralph's Grocery has planned to close 16 of its supermarket outlets in Northern California by the end of March 2006. Like other food retailers, Ralph's has scaled down its operations in the over-stored market....
- No job losses at M&S despite poor results. // Personnel Today;2/26/2008, p3
The article features Marks & Spencer (M&S) Group PLC, which denied that there will be any job cuts despite the retailer experiencing falling sales in Great Britain. According to human resources director Keith Cameron, M&S has established line with the retail store although its share price...
- Doing good, doing well. Kenny, Jack // New Hampshire Business Review;11/16/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p5
Reports on the award received by Timberland Co., a manufacturer of footwear and outdoor clothing in Stratham, New Hampshire, from 'Business Ethics' magazine. Reasons for winning the award; Background of the Path of Service program of the company.
- Timberland Earnings Up 35.4%. Tucker, Ross // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/23/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 16, p4
Presents information on the second-quarter earnings of Timberland Co. for the three months that ended on July 2, 2004. Earnings in the footwear and apparel division; Sales in the international market; Reason for the increase in sales.
- Steve Madden Net Drops 17.2% in 2nd Quarter. Owen, Erica // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/8/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 28, p10
The article looks at the financial performance of shoe retailer Steve Madden Ltd. for the second quarter ended June 30, 2007. The income fell by 17.2% year-over-year due to margin declines in the retailer's wholesale division. For the quarter, the company reported net income of $10.5 million or...
- If the shoe fitsâ€¦. Monteiro, Ana // Finweek;11/29/2007, p39
The article reports on the financial performance of Headquarters company, a footwear importer, distributor and retailer based in South Africa, for 2007. It cites that the company intends to raise 30 million rands (R) through a public offer of 30 million shares at 100c each, however, it has to...
- After 10. YOUNG, VICKI M.; Naughton, Julie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/20/2015, Vol. 210 Issue 8, p9
The article discusses the success of the business of American singer and actress Jessica Simpson through her owned brand label that evolved into a $1 billion lifestyle brand at retail after 10 years since its inception. The growth of the first decade was due to the vision of the late Vince...