Nalgene to Phase Out BPA Bottles
- FRENCH AUTHORITIES FIND BPA CAN CAUSE ADVERSE HEALTH EFFECTS AT LOW DOSES. // Chemical Week;10/3/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 24, p11
The article reports on the finding by French national food safety agency Anses of Paris, France that adverse health effects from bisphenol A (BPA) have been proven in animals and suspected in humans, even at low exposure levels.
- Agencies review plastic bottles. Howell, Elizabeth // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/11/2008, Vol. 178 Issue 6, p674
The article discusses the scientific review conducted by Health Canada regarding the use of bisphenol A in food containers. It states that Health Canada is conveying a review of scientific literature to identify whether it should revise its threshold for the use of the chemical bisphenol A in...
- OLD GATORADE BOTTLE vs. NALGENE. Gornall, Scott // Skiing;Jan2009, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p36
The article presents a comparison of two water bottles including the old Gatorade bottle from Gatorade Co. and new Nalgene bottle from Nalgene.
- Refill, Not Landfill. Howe, D. K. // American Fitness;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p35
The article presents options when buying a reusable water bottle. CamelBak, the first company to market hands-free hydration packs, also makes a hardplastic Lexan bottle with an easy-to-use bite valve. The stainless steel Enviro Products water bottle has a narrow screw top like the kind found on...
- Freshen Up Your Drink. Cullen, Lisa Takeuchi // Time;3/24/2008, Vol. 171 Issue 12, p65
This article reports on disposable water bottles and the impact that drinking out of them can have on consumer health. Most disposable bottles are made of a plastic called polyethylene terephthalate that is not designed for reuse. The article reports that even some reusable bottles, such as...
- 2 BOTTLE RETURNS. Wells, Jeff // SN: Supermarket News;Fall2007 Whole Health, Vol. 55, p12
The article reports on the partnership of the Brita filter company and Nalgene, which produces reusable water bottles, to form the FilterForGood campaign, which sells special-edition water bottles and donates a portion of the proceeds to charity. Smart retailers are staging above the fray by...
- NIFTY NALGENE. // Field & Stream;Feb2006, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p43
The article presents information about Nalgene water bottle. A Nalgene water bottle's durable, airtight construction and wide mouth makes it an excellent container for more than a drink. For making a deer-camp humidor, one cut a small square off a kitchen, moisten it with water, drop it in the...
- hydration. // Backpacker;Mar2006, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p113
This article provides information on several hydration system for backpacking including CamelBak StoAway Hydration System, Nalgene OTG Bottle and Platypus 2+ Liter Platy Bottle.
- Product Update. Bhalla, Alka // Canadian Pharmacists Journal (Allen Press Publishing Services In;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 144 Issue 2, p57
The article offers updates related to pharmaceuticals in Canada. Heath Canada has issued an advisory to remind Canadians on the safety of acetaminophen drugs. Four probiotic natural health products have voluntarily recalled their respective companies due to misleading information on labels....