Report from the 2007 AOA North American Traveling Fellowship
- AOA 2005 John J. Fahey, MD, Memorial North American Traveling Fellowship: Fellows' Travel Diary. Provencher, Matthew T.; Bozic, Kevin J.; Haydon, Rex; Lau, Johnny T. C.; Vallier, Heather A. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Jan2008, Vol. 90-A Issue 1, p205
This article describes the travels of the 2005 fellows of the North American Traveling Fellowship established by the American Orthopaedic Association in 1960. The fellowship, inspired by John Fahey, MD, attempts to stimulate an intellectual exchange of ideas and leadership in the field of...
- The AOA-JOA 2014 Exchange Traveling Fellowship: Banzai and Beyond. Tyler, Wakenda K.; Mir, Hassan R.; Zlotolow, Dan A.; Kroonen, Leo T. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;2/18/2015, Vol. 97 Issue 4, pe22.1
The American Orthopaedic Association-Japanese Orthopaedic Association (AOA-JOA) traveling fellowship was established in 1992 as a method for creating collaboration between the American and Japanese orthopaedic communities and providing a friendly exchange of current practices and scientific...
- Pat on the Back... // AAOS Now;Sep2015, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p49
The article offers information on some notable orthopedists which includes 2015-2016 members of the Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Foundation (AOFAS) board of directors, 2015-2016 members of the American Orthopaedic Association Executive Committee and Samuel Bruce Adams as the recipient of the 2015...
- AOA Announces Leadership Immersion Series. // AAOS Now;Nov2013, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p14
The article offers information on the American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) Leadership Immersion Series, designed by AOA in collaboration with the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, which provide opportunity for orthopaedic surgeons to further enhance their leadership skills.
- Meetings and Course Listings. // AAOS Now;Sep2015, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p52
A calendar of meetings and course listings related to medical education during October 2015 to February 2016 is presetned which includes webinar of the American Orthopaedic Association (AOA), annual meeting of the Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons and the 48th Annual AAOS Course for...
- Resident Education Versus Fellowship Training-Conflict or Synergy? AOA Critical Issues. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;11/7/2012, Vol. 94-A Issue 21, pe159(1)
The article discusses the results of a 2009 American Orthopaedic Association (AOA) survey on the effectiveness of surgical residency and fellowship training methods of orthopedic graduate medical education. Topics include the role of subspecialty fellowships in competency-based education,...
- Meetings and Course Listings. // AAOS Now;May2012, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p52
A calendar of several meetings and courses in the U.S. from June 13 to September 15, 2012 is presented which includes Western Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting at the Hilton Portland in Portland, Oregon on June 13-16, American Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting at the Gaylord National...
- June through October 2013. // AAOS Now;May2013, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p54
A calendar of events related to orthopedics from June to October 2013 is presented including the annual meeting of the American Orthopaedic Association from June 12-15, a master course on shoulder arthroscopy from September 20-22, and a webinar on meniscal allograft on October 15.
- Creative Leadership: Making Good News. Dirschl, Douglas R. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;5/2/2012, Vol. 94-A Issue 9, p862
A speech given by orthopedist Douglas R. Dirschl at the 125 Annual Meeting of the American Orthopaedic Association in Boston, Massachusetts on June 24, 2011 is presented.