Time-Dependent Contamination of Opened Sterile Operating-Room Trays
- OR Cleanliness. English, Travis // ASHRAE Journal;Apr2014, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p11
A letter to the editor in response to the article "Improving Operating Room Contamination Control" by Jennifer A. Wagner in the February 2014 issue is presented.
- OR Cleanliness. Wagner, Jennifer // ASHRAE Journal;Apr2014, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p11
A letter to the editor in response to the article "Improving Operating Room Contamination Control," by Jennifer A. Wagner in the February 2014 is presented.
- Microbial contamination in the operating theatre: a study in a hospital in Baghdad. Ensayef, S.; Al-Shalchi, S.; Sabbar, M. // Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal;jan/feb2009, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p219
Contamination of the operating theatre is a major cause of nosocomial infection. This study aimed to evaluate the incidence of bacterial contamination of operating theatres in Al Imam Ali Hospital in Baghdad, and the source of contamination. From 1216 swabs collected from surfaces, equipment and...
- Clinical digest. MOBILE PHONES CARRIED INTO OPERATING AREAS MAY POSE A HEALTH RISK. // Nursing Standard;1/9/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p14
The article discusses research published within the article "The Cross-Contamination Potential of Mobile Telephones" by White et al., which found that mobile telephones carried into operating rooms may pose a health risk due to the fact that they contain pathogens.
- The effect of mechanical ventilation and clothing on airborne microbes and wound sepsis in hospital operating rooms, Part 1. Whyte, W. // Clean Air & Containment Review;Apr2015, Issue 22, p4
This article is the first part of a review of investigations carried out until about 1990 into the role of mechanical ventilation in reducing wound sepsis in hospitals. It deals with the design of mechanical ventilation systems to reduce airborne microbe-carrying particles (MCPs), and mainly...
- Surgical irrigation and infection risk. Crosby, Cynthia // Healthcare Purchasing News;Aug2006, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p50
The article talks about surgical irrigation methods and infection risk. Several procedures are followed by surgical personnel to reduce the risk of surgical-related bacterial contamination including practicing thorough skin antisepsis, proper hand hygiene and barrier protocols. The commonly used...
- Bakteriekontamination pÃ¥ Ã¶vertÃ¤ckt operationsdukning -- en pilotstudie med mÃ¤tning av bakterier pÃ¥ operations-dukningar i tomma fullt ventilerade operationsrum efter 15 och 24 timmar. Sandström, Maria; Klarin, Karin; Söderström, Harriet; Karlsson, Carina; Johansson, Anders; Åkesdotter Gustafsson, Birgitta // Nordic Journal of Nursing Research & Clinical Studies / VÃ¥rd i ;2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p16
No abstract available.
- Nurses' Scrubs Often Contaminated with Bad Bugs. // Operating Theatre Journal;Nov2016, Issue 314, p19
No abstract available.
- ode to operating theatres. // Dissector;Sep2012, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p30
A retrospective view of the changes that have occurred in operating theatres in the past 50 years along with discussion on the progression and improvement that has occurred since that time.