Eye On Off-Net -- Positively!
- It's alphabet for an Eye as web-prod'n line blurs. Lowry, Brian // Variety;5/15/95, Vol. 359 Issue 3, p247
Reports on the airing of CBS-produced sitcom `Caroline in the City' on primetime on the National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC). Deal as the first time NBC bought directly from a rival in-house unit; Partnership between CapCities/ABC and NBC; Selection of other shows to complete ABC's primetime...
- 'Law & Order' Dodges Bullet. Salomon, Andrew // Back Stage East;5/17/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p3
The article reports that Dick Wolf's TV serials, "Law and Order" and "Criminal Intent," will be revived. Wolf and National Broadcasting Corp.(NBC) have reached a deal to save both shows, with "Law and Order," returning to the network and "Criminal Intent," moving to basic cable's USA Network....
- Spotlight on: MONK. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;10/28/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 43, p12
Focuses on the making of the television series 'Monk,' aired by cable television network USA Network Inc. Role of an American Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) Television executive, Jackie Lyons in conceptualising the series; Popularity ratings of the program.
- MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION. Franklin, Nancy // New Yorker;7/7/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 18, p78
Discusses the television program 'Monk,' produced by USA Networks Inc. Theme and plot; Characters; Storyline.
- USA Serious About Series. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;5/10/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the development of a slate of TV series as USA Networks becomes part of NBC. Comments from Jeff Wachtel, an executive vice president of series and long-form programming, about the role of NBC in the development of the slate; Theme of the film projects of the network; Films based on...
- `Lonesome Dove': the syndicated series. Freeman, Mike // Broadcasting & Cable;9/20/93, Vol. 123 Issue 38, p13
Reports on RHI Entertainment Co.'s agreement with emerging syndication power Rysher TPE to handle domestic distribution of `Lonesome Dove' miniseries for fall 1994. Securing of a minority equity position and domestic sales rights; RHI Entertainment's ability to sell the concept internationally;...
- Quackery goes prime time. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Sep/Oct94, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p3
Reports on NBC Inc.'s television broadcast of the program `Cured! Secrets of Alternative Healing' on July 5, 1994. Olympia Dukakis and Kenneth Harvey as hosts; Featured skits depicting people alleged to have been cured by homeopathy, herbalism, Mesmerism and acupuncture; Evaluation of the program.
- On the Road Again. Nessl, S. // Dealernews;Feb2003, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p12
Reports that an updated version of the popular 1970s television program 'CHiPs' is set to be aired on the National Broadcasting Co. network. Stars of the original program; Storyline; Background information about project director Doug Liman.
- Just asking. // Electronic Media;03/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p12
Editorial. Comments on the decision of television network NBC to broadcast the program `Sex Crimes.'