- HEARTLAND SKIPS AWARDS BEAT. McNamara, Tara // Daily Variety;10/25/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 19, pA8
The article focuses on the decreasing ratings of award presentations that are aired in the television in the U.S. Since the breakthrough of television, award presentations like the Emmy Awards, have been each season's most-watched show, however, each passing year sees ratings drift further...
- NIELSEN JAN. 3-9 RATINGS. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/17/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 3, p64
Presents statistical data on the top television programs in the U.S. for the period covered January 3 to 9, 2005.
- TNT, Nick Sizzle In August. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p25
Reports on the primetime ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. from July 25 to August 31, 2003. Year-to-year rating of Turner Network Television; Rating of Nickelodeon; Several networks with low ratings during the period; Rating of the television program "2003 Video Music Awards."
- LET THE SHOWS BEGIN. Berman, Marc // Brandweek;05/28/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 22, pSR28
Discusses the audience ratings of several television (TV) networks in the United States in 2000 and 2001. Percentage of households which view their TV programs; Total number of viewers; Age brackets of audience; Schedules and titles of the TV programs of TV networks; Overview of the materials...
- Interactive Wins New Emmy Categories. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p32
Reports that the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences has added two Emmy awards categories, recognizing interactive and media programming efforts in the U.S. Change in television viewing habits of television viewers in the country; Reason for including the award categories; Response...
- Critics Draw the Line at F-Bomb Barrage. Walsh, Gene // Television Week;8/1/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p8
Focuses on the annual awards given by the Television Critics Association and presented in Beverly Hills, California on July 23, 2005. List of television programs awarded by the organization; Reaction of the association to the program "Deadwood"; Criticisms raised against the achievements of the...
- HBO leads the list. L.R. // Broadcasting & Cable;08/04/97, Vol. 127 Issue 32, p34
Cites the Home Box Office (HBO) cable television network for garnering 90 nominations in the 1997 Prime Time Emmy Awards for American television. National Broadcasting Co.'s (NBC) 89 nominations; Most talked-about original movies aired on HBO; Nominations for best drama and comedy; Comedian...
- MSNBC Gets 13 Emmy Nods. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p44
Focuses on 2003 News and Documentary Emmy Award nominations received by cable channel MSNBC. Nomination of 'The News With Brian Williams' for News Emmy award; Details of nominations received by other cable channels.
- The Chairman's Message. Alexander, Tom // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p12A
Focuses on the opinion of the author, who is also the vice-president, trade marketing for Cartoon Network on cable marketing. Importance of the 20th Annual Mark Awards for cable marketers; Guidelines by the author on cable marketing for marketing professionals.