CRY FOR CONTENT
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/05/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 6, p16
Reports developments related to the broadcasting industry in the United States as of February 2001. Plan of Cable News Networks to replace CNNfn financial network; Reorganization of the Federal Communications Commission by Chairman Michael Powell; Election of Timothy McAuliff as chairman of...
- Verizon Calls Foul on MSG. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;4/5/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p12
The article focuses on Verizon Communication Inc., company which has filed a complaint against a regional sport network MSG and MSG Plus in High Definition (HD) for program access. It informs that U.S. Federal Communications Commission had not taken any action aagainst it. It states that...
- TBN to lose Miami station. // Christianity Today;1/8/96, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p69
Reports that Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), Tustin, California, has lost the long-running dispute with the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) over television station ownership. Results of the November 06, 1995, ruling; What the FCC rules state.
- Pushing the raunch envelope. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;3/18/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p24
Reports developments in the broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of March 2002. Criticism on Comedy Central and MTV for television program indecency; Telecast of television program 'Season on the Brink' in ESPN television station; Success of the HBO program 'The Shield'.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/18/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 26, p28
Presents a news roundup pertaining to the broadcasting and cable industry in the United States, as of June 18, 2001. Teamup between WE:Women's Entertainment network and 'Vogue' magazine to create a special on upcoming fall fashions; Agreement of TechTV and 'BusinessWeek' magazine to share...
- Cablevision Hit On 'Exclusives' Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;7/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p2
The article reports on the program-access complaint filed by Verizon Communications Co. on Federal Communications Commission (FCC) against the exclusive programming arrangement of Cablevision Systems Corp. Incoming FCC chairman Julius Genachowski is required to declare the arrangement invalid...
- Trying to Promote Network Entry: From the Chain Broadcasting Rules to the Channel Occupancy Rule and Beyond. Besen, Stanley // Review of Industrial Organization;Nov2014, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p275
This article traces the efforts by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to promote the entry of new networks, starting from its regulation of radio networks under the Chain Broadcasting Rules, through its regulation of broadcast television networks under its Financial Interest and...
- The 80th Anniversary of the 1934 Communications Act and the Inception of the Federal Communications Commission. Connolly, Michelle // Review of Industrial Organization;Nov2014, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p201
No abstract available.
- Supremes Yield to FCC on Shot-Clock Call. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;5/27/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p22
The article offers information on the legal victory of cable operators in the U.S. Supreme Court on network neutrality order. It states that the U.S. Federal communications Commission (FCC) had a regulatory authority to impose a shot clock on the government approval of communications tower...