THOUGHTS ON THE BUSINESS OF LIFE
- Rewind 'n' Learn. // News 'n' More;Feb2012, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p32
The article provides information on several historical events that took place in the month of February. It includes the release of Charlie Chaplin's final silent movie "Modern Times" on February 5, 1936. It also mentions the publication of U.S. author Mark Twain's "The Adventures of Huckleberry...
- Savoir Beds savors high-end success. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;8/12/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 49, p1
The article focuses on the London, England-based bedding producer Savoir Beds Ltd. which has a short line of handmade beds stuffed with natural materials like horse tail hair, cashmere and lambswool. It states that the company's luxury line of beds known as the Savoir No. 2 is used by...
- The future's so bright I gotta wear shades. Tarr, Robert W. // Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery;Jul2009, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p1
The article presents a quote from author Mark Twain commenting on the 500th birthday of movable type press inventor Johannes Gutenberg.
- Everybody quotes Mark Twain, but nobody does it right. Schultz, Christine; Kageleiry, Jaime // Yankee;Aug97, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p14
Comments on the quotes which are sometimes used by persons which originated from some of Mark Twain's work. Reference to one of the quotes made by Twain; Information on the occasion for which the quote was made.
- Untitled. Everett, Percival // Erasure;2001, preceding p2
The article presents a quote from author Mark Twain about telling a lie.
- Untitled. Twain, Mark // Education Digest;Mar1952, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p51
The article presents a quotation by U.S. writer Mark Twain pertaining to old age.
- Calender. // Catholic Digest;Jul2011, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p100
The article presents quotes from several notable persons including James Dent describing a perfect summer day, Wendy Beckett elaborating the importance of prayer and Mark Twain talking about the power of ambition.
- FUNNY BUSINESS. // American Speaker;May2010, p7
The article presents several humorous quotes from notable people including sportswriter Jim Murray on baseball, author Mark Twain on different kinds of weather and one about endurance.
- THE LAST WORD. // CardMaker;Jan2010, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p80
The article presents quotes from author Rose Franken on passion and being silly, author Norm Papernick on the link between laughing without a cause, happiness, and madness, and author Mark Twain on the best way to cheering oneself.