What a Day at the Park
- Sino the times: H'wood looks to East. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;1/6/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the plan of U.S. media conglomerates Universal and Disney to construct theme parks in China. Number of theme parks in China which proliferated in the 1990s; Features of the Windows of the World park near Hong Kong, China; Event to be sponsored by the city of Beijing, China in 2008.
- Samsung readies 'emotional' campaign to break UHD TV into 'mainstream consciousness'. Vizard, Sarah // Marketing Week (Online Edition);4/10/2014, p5
The article reports that Samsung Electronics is preparing an emotional multi-million British pound marketing campaign to push its curved ultra-high definition (UHD) television (TV) into consumer consciousness and to convince people to upgrade ahead of the football's World Cup in June 2014. It...
- COMPANY VITAE NOKIA. // Management Today;Jun2012, p18
The article presents a brief profile of the mobile telephone manufacturing company Nokia as of 2012. It offers information on Nokia's history as a paper mill in Tampere, Finland in the 19th century, the company's role as Finland's leading industrial conglomerate by the 1960s, and its presence in...
- Little guy vs. Korean big business. Baker, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;3/26/99, Vol. 91 Issue 83, p6
Reports on the efforts of employees such as Jang Ha Sung, who are competing with South Korea's chaebols, or corporate conglomerates. How Jang heads a group called the People's Solidarity for Participatory Democracy (PSPD) and how they believe that democratizing corporate governance will help...
- BUSINESS TRAVELLER LIFESTYLE News. // Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific Edition);May2014, p70
The article offers news briefs related to business enterprises in Asia-Pacific region as of May 2014. Topics discussed include opening of Italian restaurant La Locanda in Harbour City mall, Tsim Sha Tsui, in Hong Kong, China, the enhanced functionalities of Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone from...
- Samsung broadens CCTV business. O'Toole, Patrick // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug97 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p52
Reports on Korean electronics company Samsung's participation in the closed-circuit television (CCTV) market in the United States through original equipment manufacturers channels. Products offered; Company's distribution agreement with Industrial Security Products.
- Samsung is number one. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p12
Reports on Samsung Electronics' ranking as South Korea's most profitable and largest company in 1994.
- Global strategy could leapfrog Samsung's pan-Euro plans. Bidlake, Suzanne // Advertising Age International;Jan/Feb97, pEM 1
Reports on South Korea's Samsung Electronics's strategy for its European marketing. Formulation of its first single corporate branding campaign for Europe with Delaney Fletcher Bozell in London, England; Indication of Samsung's management's view on its European strategy.
- Korean set-top technology. // Telephony;6/20/94, Vol. 226 Issue 25, p18
Reports that Samsung Electronics will design and manufacture a smaller and less expensive version of USA Video's set-top device. Plan of selling and providing customer service for the devices.