- In the Margin of the Welfare State: Labour Market Position and Housing Conditions of Undocumented Immigrants in Rotterdam. Burgers, Jack // Urban Studies (Routledge);Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p1855
Undocumented immigrants form a substantial share of minority populations. Data on the city of Rotterdam show that the fate of undocumented immigrants to a large degree is dependent on established migrant communities. Differences between migrant communities in terms of numbers and access to...
- 'We Are Dying Here' GROODY, DANIEL G. // America;11/26/2012, Vol. 207 Issue 16, p14
The article presents the author's views on the Syrian refugee crisis. He comments that Some refugees are twice displaced and the situation is critical. He remarks that a thin line of protection for these refugees, providing some basic shelter, security, food and medical assistance is provided by...
- House frees states to cease educating illegals. // Human Events;4/26/96, Vol. 52 Issue 16, p22
Reports on the US House of Representatives' adoption of an amendment that will allow states to deny public education to illegal aliens. Features of the bill; Breakdown of those who voted for and against the amendment.
- House approves deportation of alien felons. // Human Events;5/12/95, Vol. 51 Issue 18, p22
Provides information on the roll call vote in the US House of Representatives on House Resolution 668, a bill to ease the process of deporting illegal immigrants convicted of felonies in courts. Legislators for and against the bill; Provisions under the bill.
- House GOP split over border crisis blueprint. Schroeder, Peter; Sullivan, Peter; Lillis, Mike; Marcos, Cristina // Hill;7/24/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 85, p1
The article reports that the Republican members of the U.S. House of Representative are split over a border crisis plan and illegal immigration.
- Australia this week. // Bulletin with Newsweek;03/20/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6266, p14
Presents current event updates in Australia for the week of March 20, 2001. Subsidy offered by the government to first-home buyers; Apprehension of boats carrying illegal immigrants off the northwest coast; Floods in New South Wales.
- ILLINOIS TOWN RESISTS DETENTION SITE FOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. // Corrections Forum;May/Jun2012, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p9
This article reports that residents of Crete in Chicago, Illinois are opposing a plan to build a privately operated detention center for illegal immigrants in their village. Longtime Crete resident Kayla Pennington does not like the idea of a private company running the place and fears that...
- Brookhaven, county flopped. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/8/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 28, p10A
Comments on the need for government authorities to prepare for the aftermath of their raid on a home that housed illegal immigrants in Farmingville, New York. Brookhaven Town's initiative to weed out flophouses in the area; Need for the county and the town to ensure that adequate resources are...
- Who's Watching the White House? Malkin, Michelle // Human Events;1/13/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p9
Focuses on the employment of illegal alien Salvador Martinez-Gonzalez in a company installing tents for social events at the White House in Washington, D.C. History of his immigration-related crimes; Details of his reentry to the U.S. two years after his apprehension; Results of a report by the...