- strategies. Meisner, Jeff // Entrepreneur;Dec2008, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p75
The article focuses on the multiple tragedies encountered by Seattle, Washington-based Mountain Madness, a mountain guide service company, which has forced the company to get prepared. The company has lost two bosses in different tragedies, company founder Scott Fischer in 1996 and Fischer's...
- Athletic company expands in multiple directions. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;10/27/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the business expansion of Pro Orthopedic Devices in Tucson, Arizona. Implementation of lean manufacturing process; Increase of corporate profit; Improvement of profitability and productivity.
- Don't let time slip away. Stahl, Jason // Landscape Management;Jan2003, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p7
Comments that every start of a year is a reminder for companies to make careful use of their time to maintain profits. Enforcement of a plan to erase corporate debts; Development of strategies to improve the profit base; Motivation of employees to ensure commitment to the business.
- Refining business practices can boost profit. Chavez, David // Las Vegas Business Press;04/09/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p7B
Provides tips on how to form a profit action plan that can significantly increase the value of companies. Looking into untapped opportunities; Expansion of responsibility for profit; Elimination of departmentalism.
- RAISE PRODUCTIVITY, NOT PRICES PART 2 - PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS. Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Jan2007, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p27
The article offers several ways on how a wood products company can increase profits without raising prices and disaffecting clients.
- Spring changes the entire picture. Klein, Ed // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p47
Reports business developments in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Acquisition plan of GE Specialty Materials; Corporate earnings of Silgan Holdings Inc.; Financial performance of Hexce; Corp. for the first quarter of fiscal 2003.
- Short and simple. Chalmers, Sophie // Director (00123242);Oct98, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the finding of survey by LiveWire that businesses which undertake regular business planning have higher average profit margin. Importance of business plan; Key elements of an effective business plan.
- The agent. Allman, Graham // Publican's Morning Advertiser;8/7/2014, Issue 160, p66
The author believes that business profits are driven by employees and suggests investing in staff as the approach is like investing in the future value of the business.
- OFFBEAT. Storm, Sheila // Inside Tucson Business;8/12/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p4
Discusses the merit of the business concept of spending money to make money. Strategy of an Tucson, Arizona, luxury resort of inviting members of a local business organization to spend a couple a nights for free at the resort; Estimate of the profits earned by the resort during the weekend stay...