- A Sparkling Show of E-Books. Walter, Mark // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Mar2000, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p4
Highlights the Seybold Seminars Boston 2000 which focused on the Web publishing market. Showcase of electronic books from various vendors; Trends in the electronic book publishing market; Previewing of books at online content stores; Glassbook's launching of its Content Server.
- Move Over Gutenberg. Fialkoff,, Francine // Library Journal;6/15/2000, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p67
Discusses the formation of the iPublish.com division of Time Warner, which the company announced on May 23, 2000. Entrance of the major trade publisher into the Internet publishing industry; Goal of promoting reading in America; iWrite section that will allow the free submission and critique of...
- Hack Like Me. Bird, Sarah // Texas Monthly;Apr2009, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p244
The author discusses her experiences as a writer. She mentions the incident that led her to her first published stories in "True Confessions" magazine. She recounts her first writing experience for a Web publication. The author cites the role of bloggers in the crash of the writing economy. The...
- EbookCrossing as a Way to Study E-book Usability. Landoni, Monica // International Journal of the Book;2005/2006, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p121
This paper describes an experiment in adapting the book crossing initiative to include electronic books. The main aim was to provide an environment where readers and e-books could interact with each other in a natural way. This would provide an ideal observation setting for researchers involved...
- El e-book y la industria editorial espaÃ±ola. Suárez, Mercedes López; Rubio, Julio Larrañaga // Revista Interamericana de Bibliotecologia;ene-jun2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p85
No abstract available.
- Publishing's Dirty Little Secret. ABEL, SCOTT // EContent;Apr2011, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p7
The author comments that publishers are wasting investors' money in an attempt to keep up with changing user expectations. He says that publishers are misguided for thinking that the best approach to create ebooks, applications and other new content types is to tweak the standard print...
- MONDAY MORNING WITNESS: The High Price of 'Free'. Updegrove, Andrew // Standards Today;Nov2012, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p39
The article explores the implications of Internet publishing for traditional media companies and the quality and variety of writing. It discusses two issues being faced by would-be writers including the survival of writers and whether they will become known to readers. The author also offers...
- KIRKUS Q & A WITH NEAL POLLACK. Zaino III, Nick A. // Kirkus Reviews;11/1/2011, Vol. 79 Issue 21, p2036
An interview with Neal Pollack, author of the book "Jewball," is presented. When asked about his views on the tradition methods of publishing, he explained why he chose to publish his book through the Internet rather than via print publication. He described shifting between genres as eclectic....
- Canadian economic observer: online edition now available. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;2/28/2003, p4
Announces the availability of the Internet edition of the February 2003 issue of 'Canadian Economic Observer.'