Monaco With Bananas
- Panama: Watered Down Tax Reforms. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the tax reform in Panama as of February 2, 2003. Benefits of the tax reform; Background on the economic condition of the country as of February 2, 2003; Features of the tax reform package.
- RISK SUMMARY: PANAMA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Feb2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the political, economic and business environment risk rating of Panama. A number of proposals were not approved by the Panama legislature. The real estate market of the country is growing with a number of apartments scheduled for completion. A bilateral trade treaty has...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Panama;Mar2009, p7
The article presents information on the economy of Panama. It states that the country's economy is based primarily on a well-developed services sector that accounts for about 80% of gross domestic product (GDP). In 2008, GDP growth was 9.2%. The country maintains bilateral free trade agreements...
- ECONOMY. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Panama;Feb2005, p8
Looks at the economy of Panama as of February 2005. Basic services in the country; Gross domestic growth of the country; Panama's free trade agreement with other nations.
- Slow Progress In Panama. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/20/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p9
Focuses on the economic situation in Panama as of January 2003. Amount left in its Fiduciary Fund from the U.S.; Drop in the corporate tax rate; Financing scenario for 2003.
- Economic Structure and Context: Trade Profile. // Panama Country Monitor;Aug2010, p14
The article presents the trade profile of Panama for 2010, in which it highlights the country's major trading partners in 2008 and the impact of its bilateral free-trade agreement with the U.S. on its economy.
- Look Who's Talking about the Americas. TRUNICK, PERRY A. // World Trade: WT100;Aug2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p40
The article focuses on how the countries of the Americas are being eyed by foreign investors. The Iranian government has expressed interest in exporting energy products from Brazil and its traditional allies, Bolivia and Venezuela. The European Free Trade Association is establishing trade talks...
- Country Risk Summary: PANAMA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p5
Presents an update on the economic condition of Panama as of December 2002. Plan of the Panamanian government to reform its tax and security systems; Decrease in short-term political rating of the country; Predictions on the economy for 2003.
- Country Risk Summary: PANAMA. // Latin America Monitor: Central America Monitor;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p5
Presents a political and economic outlook in Panama as of May 2003. Candidacy of Martin Torrijos for the 2004 presidential election; Posted gross domestic product growth in December 2002; Update on negotiation of a free trade agreement with Nicaragua.