Ultimate Cash Machine
- Injurious GEORGES. Mazzucchi, Steve // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Aug2007, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p40
This article profiles mixed martial arts fighter Georges St. Pierre. St. Pierre, a native of Montreal, Canada, has held the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight championship, and is regarded as one of the top fighters in the UFC. St. Pierre's exercise routine, fighting influences...
- "NOW, THEY GET IT". Vontz, Andrew // Men's Fitness;Nov2009, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p68
The article focuses on the professional life of Lyoto Machida, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight champion. As reported, Machida defeated the previous light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans at UFC in 1998 to win the title. Reportedly, he remained undefeated in 15 fights held...
- Family to get majority Station stake. Sieroty, Chris // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2/20/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p13
The article reports on the plan of Frank Fertitta III and Lorenzo Fertitta, minority owners of Station Casinos LLC, to buy out another shareholder for 73 million U.S. dollars, allowing them to gain majority ownership of the gaming company.
- Ultimate fighting down for count in Empire State. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;2/17/97, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p44
Reports on New York State lawmakers' decision to ban human cockfighting six months after its legalization. Influence of political pressure; Injuries resulting from the ultimate fighting.
- Legislatures barring `no holds-barred'. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;03/17/97, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p34
Focuses on the banning of the no-holds-barred sport called ultimate fighting from every state in the United States. Description of the sport; Elimination of the activity in federal prisons; States that have already outlawed the sport; Continuation in American Indian reservations.
- Brawling over brawling. Hamilton, Kendall // Newsweek;11/27/1995, Vol. 126 Issue 22, p80
Reports on the controversy surrounding ultimate fighting matches between two men. The brutality of the matches; Officials, led by Arizona Senator John McCain, crusading against the human cockfights; The bout planned by Battlecade, Inc., in New York City, being ejected from a state-owned site;...
- In the face. Ford, Richard // New Yorker;09/16/96, Vol. 72 Issue 27, p52
Reflects on the author's experience with fisticuffs. Origins of the hitting impulse; Grandfather's love for streetfighting; First occasion that the author was hit in the face; Hitting as one of those unerasable personal facts one carried around in deep memory and inventory.
- Albany Gladiators. Gray, Geoffrey // New York;6/23/2008, p12
This article reports on efforts to legalize mixed-martial-arts fighting, also known as the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in Albany, New York. Since 2001, when Frank Fertitta III and his brother Lorenzo took over the UFC, the sport has been legalized in 34 states and is broadcast on CBS...
- Station Deal May Roll Snake Eyes For High Yield. M. S. // High Yield Report;12/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p1
The article focuses on a buyout proposal. Station Casinos announced that it received a buyout offer for the totality of its shares from a management and private equity consortium. Frank Fertitta III and Lorenzo Fertitta have united with a Colony Capital affiliate to bid on the company. The deal...