- Coalition, hospitals reach agreement to continue coverage. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);3/7/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 10, pP15
The article offers information on the health care coverage agreement finalized by Nevada-based Health Services Coalition with Sunrise Health System of hospitals.
- The only hospital: A fable. Pierrot, Alan H. // Modern Physician;Dec2002, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p26
Presents a story of a healthcare leader responsible for setting the best policies for the community. Solution of the healthcare leader to hospital management's selection of self-preservation over community service.
- The timing of do-not-resuscitate orders and hospital costs. De Jonge, K. Eric; Sulmasy, Daniel P.; Gold, Karen G.; Epstein, Andrew; Harper, Michael G.; Eisenberg, John M.; Schulman, Kevin A.; De Jonge; De Jonge, K E; Sulmasy, D P; Gold, K G; Epstein, A; Harper, M G; Eisenberg, J M; Schulman, K A // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Mar1999, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p190
The relation between the timing of do-not-resuscitate (DNR) orders and the cost of medical care is not well understood. This prospective observational study compares hospital costs and length of stay of 265 terminally ill patients with admission DNR orders, delayed DNR orders (occurring after 24...
- Blame exchange over high costs. Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;12/2/2002, p16
Reports on the allegations of the Board of Healthcare Funders against private hospital groups in the U.S. Exploitation of consumers with respect to pharmaceuticals; Costs of hospital care; Claims of over-servicing patients.
- No relief for private healthcare. Goodale, Greg // Warsaw Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p14
Reports the economic status of private healthcare in Poland. Increase of patients due to dissatisfaction with public healthcare; Comparison of health services between private and public healthcare; Names of private hospitals and numbers of patients in a year.
- Private Healthcare Centers in Warsaw. // Warsaw Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p15
Presents a chart depicting the private healthcare centers in Warsaw, Poland. Name and location of hospitals; Total number of contracted physicians; Common tests and minor surgery performed.
- PPI: Hospital prices increase 0.3%. // AHA News;05/14/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p3
Reports that the overall hospital prices in the United States (U.S.) have increased in April 2001, according to a report released by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics on May 11, 2001. Percentage of increase in hospital prices in March 2001; Price increases at the hospitals; Price status for...
- Health Watch: Neighbors helping neighbors. // AHA News;11/11/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 44, p5
Reports on the services offered by the Bladen Healthwatch program of Bladen County Hospital in North Carolina. Importance of the Foster McGraw Prize for Community Excellence award to the development of the program; Background on the establishment of Healthwatch; Information on the Walk 2002...
- Taking care of people. // AHA News;1/11/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p3
No abstract available.