- McCAIN'S SMILES FRIES. // Restaurant Business;9/15/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 14, p54
This article presents information on McCain's Foods USA's Smiles fries. McCain's has improved its Smiles fries; they're now made with 100% pure canola oil and contain no trans fat. Smiles have mashed potato on the inside and are crispy golden brown on the outside.
- Potatoes. // Chef Magazine;Mar2006, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p44
The article features types of potatoes served in the U.S. The Idaho potatoes are known for its fluffy baked potato and crisp French fries. The best variety is the Russet Burbank, which is best for baking. The O Grams Trans Fat Potato Products is launched to provide a healthier type of foods...
- MARKETPLACE. // Restaurant Hospitality;Dec2014, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p56
The article evaluates various packed food products which includes Smokehouse 220 Barbecue Sauces from Ventura Foods LLC, Brilliant Beginnings Recipe-Ready Mashed Potatoes from Basic American Foods Inc., and breakfast foods from Tyson Food Service.
- SUPPLYSIDE. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Sep2014, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p14
The article offers news briefs as of September 2014 on topics including appointment of Barry Reid as vice president of sales and marketing at Flanagan Foodservice, service of Brilliant Beginnings Recipe-Ready Mashed Potatoes by Basic American Foods, and addition of two items by Dare Foodservice.
- For side dishes that add flair. Fernberg, Pat // Food Management;May2003, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p98
For side dishes that add flair, the free operator bulletin 'Ideas You Can Build Onâ€”Smart and Speedy Sides,' from Basic American Foods can prove useful. Every loose-leaf recipe, from appetizers to sides, has eight or fewer ingredients and puts a new twist to the familiar comfort-food...
- You Pay to Brew Your Own Beer. Deutschman, Alan // Fortune;2/6/1995, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on Brew City, a do-it-yourself microbrewery that opened in December 1994 in San Francisco. How the brewery provides customers with the recipes, ingredients and equipment to make their own beer; Prices; The trend in so-called personal, or on-premise, breweries; How these types of...
- Basic American calls for recipe contest entries; prize is Frisco trip. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p72
Features the recipe contest of Basic American Foods for foodservice operators.
- LAMB WESTON SWIRL CHIPS. // Restaurant Business;6/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 11, p72
Food products company, Lamb Weston Inc. offers 'Swirl Chips' that combines the potato taste of a chip with the savory flavor of the company's 'Onion Ring Recipe.' The chips have raised ridges on both sides and coated with flavorful batter.
- KEEP IT ROLLING! // Restaurant Business;12/01/1997, Vol. 96 Issue 23, p93
Focuses on innovative products and merchandising materials for restaurants by Brew City in the United States. Reasons for developing more finger foods; Highlight on Brew City Beer Battered Fries and Appetizers; Impact of Brew City products on restaurants.