THE WATCHWORD IS SUBSTANCE: VEGGIE SANDWICHES
- VEGETARIAN QUANTITY RECIPES. // Vegetarian Journal's Foodservice Update;Winter2001/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p7
Presents several vegetarian recipes. Sandwiches; Vegetable curry; Salad.
- NON-MEAT MIGHT. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;12/15/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 24, p72
Describes various recipes for vegetarian sandwiches. Soy Bean Guacamole Wrap; Roasted Mushroom Spinach and Artichoke Cake Sandwich at Crazy Fish Restaurant.
- Eggles Salad. Farrel-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;May99, Issue 261, p58
Presents the recipe for Tofu Salad Sandwich. List of ingredients; Preparation instructions.
- Reubenesque. Nicholson, Joy // Los Angeles Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p52
Focuses on the popularity of the vegetarian Reuben sandwich made by Follow Your Heart restaurant in Los Angeles, California. Ingredients of the sandwich; Anecdotes on the popularity of the sandwich.
- Vegetarian BLT. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/20/99, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p48
Presents the ingredients of a vegetarian bacon lettuce and tomato (BLT) sandwich developed by chef Joseph Renner.
- slop it up. Farrell-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;Sep2000, Issue 277, p62
Presents an updated vegetarian recipe for Sloppy Joes, a vegetarian sandwich. Ingredients; Instructions; Nutritional information.
- USING YOUR BEAN. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;11/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 19, p67
Focuses on the use of beans and lentils by sandwich makers in the U.S. owing to a growing popularity of vegetarian food options. Varieties of sandwich base used at the restaurant New World Grill in New York City; Name of outlet offering an expansion of grilled sandwich options; Recipe for...
- Diner Sandwiches Revisited. Daniels-Zeller, Debra // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p14
Presents recipes for vegetarian sandwiches. Roasted Smoky Eggplant Sandwich; Portabello Burgers with Sliced Tomatoes and Spicy Tofu Sour 'Cream'; Tempeh Joes; Veggie Reuben Subs; Warm Canellini Beans, Squash, and Roasted Pepper on Black Bread; Barbecue Lentil Loaf Sandwiches; Open-Faced Seitan...
- HOT, FAST SANDWICHES. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p20
Presents suggestions for easy-to-make vegetarian sandwiches. Smothered kraut and dog; Mediterranean mushroom; Southwestern mushroom; Vegan peanut butter; Hot club sandwich.