Creating the Italian scene
- Eat healthy--eat Italian. E.B. // Medical Update;May97, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p5
Discusses the health benefits of eating Italian food. Includes decrease risk for prostate cancer; Elements of tomatoes and other vegetables used in Italian food; Sample Italian recipe.
- Casual translation. Casper, Carol // Restaurant Business;3/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p123
Reports on the trend in Italian restaurant operation and market. Reasons for Italian food's popularity; Italian restaurants' growth; Broadening menus; Chain development for casual Italian dining; Success of General Mill's Olive Garden; Specter of saturation; Price sensitivity of the market;...
- Americans still dig Italian. // Restaurant Business;11/1/95, Vol. 94 Issue 16, p118
Reports that Italian food has remained popular among Americans in 1994, according to an analysis of NPD/CREST data. Increased traffic in Italian restaurants; Increased public consumption; Reasons cited by consumers for ordering Italian.
- Making pizza at home. // Country Journal;Jan1984, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p22
Reasonably simple to prepare and many of the basic ingredients come from home gardens. Recipes for dough, tomato sauce and sausage; `Winter Pizza' and `Summer Pizza.'
- The stirring story of Northern Italy's risotto. Conover, Kirsten A. // Christian Science Monitor;11/16/95, Vol. 87 Issue 247, p15
Presents the recipe of Italian dishes saffron risotto and lemon risotto.
- Ravishing risotto. Villas, J. // Town & Country;Oct87, Vol. 141 Issue 5089, p232
One dish that best exemplifies the brilliance of northern Italian cuisine and the spirit of Italian gastronomy is risotto. This rice dish--sometimes called the pasta of the North--lends itself to infinite cook's-choice variations. Preparing it can be tricky, but the results are ripplingly...
- Delectable Italian cooking. Lyons, Charlotte // Ebony;May1995, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p102
Presents a number of Italian recipes. Includes Antipasto; Pasta With Prosciutto and Sun-Dried Tomatoes; Pan Pizza; Lasagna Florentine; Chicken Mediterranean.
- Eating well, Italian-style. Olney, Judity // Prevention;Sep93, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p82
Focuses on the cuisine of Italy. Use of olive oil; Whole-grain bread; Pesto with garlic and basil; Carbohydrate meals; Recipes for cauliflower agrodolce, roasted ceci, red pepper panzanella and more.
- Italian dinner for four. Kaplan, Karen; Kidd, Kristine // Bon Appetit;Aug94, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p41
Presents recipes for an Italian dinner for four. Bruschetta With Olive Paste, Peppers and Goat Cheese; Pasta With Shrimp and Basil Vinaigrette.