Brands by the slice
- SEEKING NEW CUSTOMERS: Dept. of Defense school brands
pizza. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the Pizza Hut-branded products being offered by the U.S. Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) to middle and high school students attending the U.S. Department of Defense schools in Wiesbaden, Germany. Comments from Richard Sheff, vice president of the food and theater division...
- Toppings make the grade. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p114
Features food service operators who regularly includes pizza in school menus in the United States. Pizza as a part of the New Menus Program in Rutland, Vermont-based public schools; Pizza served by Domino's Pizza Inc. at the Unified School District in Palm Springs, California.
- TO BOOST COUNTS: Chesapeake schools list menu brands. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the effort of cafeterias in the Chesapeake School District to list brand names on their menu as of December 15, 2002. Goal of the cafeterias with regard to the initiative; Brand names included in the menu; List of other foods introduced by the cafeterias.
- Branding in Schools: Kids are `pre-programmed.'. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p74
Focuses on branded items at school cafeterias in the United States. Statistics on branded sales in some school cafeterias in September 1999; Nutritional content of branded food; Economic feasibility of bringing branded food into school cafeterias; Examples of branded programs in some school...
- Today's No. 1 meal choice. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p114
Deals with the Italian pizza dishes offered by school foodservice operators in the United States. Pizza specialties served at the Salisbury Boys School in Salisbury, Connecticut; Explanations from foodservice directors; Pizza dishes offered at Unified Schools in Prescott, Arizona.
- Pizza Hut licenses California school commissary. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/26/96, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p2
Reports that Pizza Hut has licensed a district commissary in Norco, California to turn out the chain's branded pizzas for school foodservice. Labor-saving products supplied by Pizza Hut; Popularity of Pizza Hut's branded pizzas among students.
- IN SCHOOLS: Fitting school menus. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p72
Reports on the popularity of pizza among the students in the United States. Promotional efforts for pizza; Preference of students for pizza slices; Background on the ingredients; Reason for the popularity of pizza.
- Kids' mainstream favorites. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p82
Provides information on the Italian food, including pizza, served in schools across the United States. Cuisine favorites among youngsters; Examples of pasta dishes, pizzas and other Italian food served in schools; Delivery of branded pizza in schools; Recipe of Spaghetti and Meat Sauce.
- Pizza Crust A Step To Sustainability. // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p4
The article focuses on the partnership of the dining services department at Washington State University in Pullman with Shepherd's Grain, an alliance of family farms, to introduce a whole wheat pizza crust to its menu. According to executive chef Doug Murray, their goal is to offer healthier...