- Food branding in schools: Branding forms marketing allies. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p18s
Reports on food brand promotions in schools in the United States. Use of point-of-sale in promotions; Giveaway programs; Huntington Beach's scratch-off promotion; Washington Apples' Apple Lunch Box Derby promotion; Florida Citrus' T-shirt giveaway.
- SOUP it up! // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p55
Reports on the popularity of soup among meal producers and consumers in the U.S. Variety of soup offered at Fairport Central School in New York; Favorite soup of students; Comments from Steve Myers, executive chef at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
- District and Hospital Partner to Bring Healthy Foods to Students. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p11
The article discusses the collaboration of the foodservice divisions of Cooperstown Central Schools and Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital in serving healthy lunch menus to students.
- In brief. // Food Management;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
Presents news items concerning the food service industry in the United States. Includes the popularity of the University of Southern California's catering facility as site for parties and special events; CulinArt's appointment of Tom Eich as president; Orion Food Systems' plan of opening four...
- School foodservice leaders receive FAME awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p58
Reports that school foodservice leaders were chosen as winners in the 11th Annual Foodservice Achievement and Management Excellence Awards.
- School cafeterias selling brand-name junk food: Who deserves a break today? Brockett, Diane // Education Digest;Oct98, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p56
Focuses on the sale of brand-name junk foods in school cafeterias in the United States. School-lunch/fast-food relationship; Success of Taco Bell in the school food service market; Free and reduced-price lunch programs of schools.
- Canteen concern. // Australia's Parents;Apr/May97, Issue 98, p38
Reports on the promotion of healthy food choices for school children in Australia. Obstacles in the efforts to promote healthy foods; Accreditation for a healthy canteen; Available options in promoting health foods.
- TAKIN' IT TO 'EM: New Mex. students grab b'fast. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the increased breakfast participation at an Albuquerque, New Mexico middle school after the district replaced its traditional service with grab-and-go breakfast carts. Statement from Gabriela Pachecho, district nutrition coordinator of Albuquerque; Information on the breakfast...
- Palo Alto schools test organic meals. // Food Management;Jul2002, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p20
Reports the availability of organic meals in school cafeterias in Palo Alto, California. Advantages of organic foods; Information on a pilot program about organic products in school canteens; Problems in implementing the program.