HOW TO REDUCE RISK: GOALS FOR TEENAGERS
- Managers can take a role in fighting obesity epidemic. // Patient Education Management;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p31
The article discusses obesity and the approaches that can be taken to prevent it.
- Obesity Target of Lifestyle Nazis. Williams, Walter E. // Human Events;03/03/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p14
Criticizes the campaign activity against obesity in the United States (US). Health aspects of obesity; Overview of campaigns against obesity in the US; Characteristics of anti-obesity activists.
- Protect yourself; prevent diabetes. Pratt, Timothy // West County Journal;10/12/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 41, pB2
The article offers advice on preventing diabetes.
- Hospitals fail to screen patients for malnutrition. // Nursing Management - UK;Oct2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on a survey of 1,000 nurses conducted by the charity Age UK which showed the failure of hospitals in Great Britain to conduct malnutrition screening for older people upon admission, leading to the launching of the Still Hungry to be Heard campaign so that nurses will...
- Fat plan for Scotland. // SportEX Health (14718154);Jul2010, Issue 25, p3
The article announces the plan of the Scottish Government to work with the food industry, schools, and business to discuss the obesity problem of country.
- 'MUST' Screening for malnutrition in the community. Smith, Rhonda // British Journal of Community Nursing;Nov2010 Nutrition Supplement, pS22
The article focuses on the new electronic learning module issued by the British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (BAPEN) for primary care and the care sector.
- select suppliers: TARGET DIABETES AND OBESITY SOLUTIONS. // Functional Ingredients;Feb2009, Issue 84, p46
The article lists the major suppliers of functional food ingredients for diabetes and obesity solutions which includes Bioneutra, Fenulife and Humanestics Corp.
- Breakfast power: Selling her on a great start. Beck, Carol // Daughters;Sep/Oct2007, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p12
The article cites various reasons why teenage girls tend to skip breakfast and gives solutions for parents to deal with it. In a case where a girl would claim that she is not hungry, the author advises that it is better to ask questions akin to hunger senses. For a girl who does not have the...
- Neuropsychiatric Nutritional Disorders: New Directions in Research and Prevention. // Nutrition in Clinical Care;May/Jun2001, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p129
Editorial. Discusses the link between nutritional disorders and neuropsychiatric disorders. Definition of neuropsychiatric nutritional disorders; Mention of methods of investigating nutritional deficiency, including intervention studies, the experimental approach and the epidemiological study...