LESS THAN $2 DAILY: Sheriff's dept. controls costs, quality, waste with cook-chill
- Foodservice Frontiers. Roberts Jr., William A. // Prepared Foods;Nov2007, Vol. 176 Issue 11, p23
The article discusses the 2007 Foodservice Product Development Trend Survey by the publication "Prepared Foods." The survey showed that 13.5% regard ethnic cuisine as one of the most important traits to their food service customers. The survey also showed the growing awareness of health in the...
- 'Love Your Veggies' Will Fund 10 Grants Up to $10K Each. // Community Health Funding Week;8/28/2009, p35
The article informs about the Love Your Veggies grant program, created by the makers of Hidden Valley Salad Dressings, which will provide grants of up to 10,000 dollars each to 10 elementary schools. Grant awards will be based on proposals that demonstrate need, sustainability, innovation and...
- community. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p18
This article reports on an outreach program that was hosted by Dining Services staff from the Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. The goal, according to Deborah Hutton, training manager for dining services, was to use fun and games to teach children about the importance of proper...
- Relationship Between the Response to Influenza Vaccination and the Nutritional Status in... Fulop Jr., Tamas; Wagner, J. Richard // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;Feb99, Vol. 54A Issue 2, pM59
Examines the aspects of the nutritional status of institutionalized elderly subjects in relation to their response to influenza vaccination. Investigation of cellular immune response; Methods; Results and conclusions.
- Product showcase. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p115
Features several foodservice-related products. Includes `How to Sell More Beer' video; Farmland foodservice's Pre-Cooked Bacon; Campbell Foodservice's new premium-quality Creamy Garden Vegetable Soup.
- How to avoid failures with critical equipment in the kitchen. Frable Jr., Foster // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p24
Presents guidelines in avoiding foodservice equipment failures. Consultation with engineering departments; Indication of reliability; Factors to look for in equipment; Requests for Mean Time Between Failure index.
- Products. // Restaurant Business;6/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p114
Presents various food service equipment and supplies available in the United States as of June 10, 1996. Includes Tyson Mexican tortillas; Pace Enchilada sauce; Spring rools; Cocktail. INSET: Fiesta fusion..
- Red hot chile peppers. // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p178
Presents various products of interests to the restaurant operators. Includes chile products; Lawry's Tropical Honey Lime Sauce; Dairy Management Inc. cheese recipes; Sara Lee home-style cakes. INSET: Van Den Bergh Pennant Puff Pastry recipe contest..
- Equipment. // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p195
Features various products and equipment of interest to food service industry. Includes Elite Series Ranges from Imperial; Durand Arcodoc tableware; Keating Custom Line Up cooking station; Rankin-Delux Oriental Flex System; Reynolds Cut-Rite wax paper bags and rolls.