AND REDUCE FOOD, LABOR EXPENSES: Mgmt. restructuring helps Health Alliance consolidate
- Mass. system takes not-for-profit route. Morrissey, John // Modern Healthcare;12/15/97, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p6
Presents information on the affiliation of HealthAlliance with UMass Memorial Health Care. Details on the affiliation; Information on an offer by Tenet to acquire HealthAlliance.
- Conditional approval. Morrisey, John // Modern Healthcare;05/11/98, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p38
Discusses the plans of HealthAlliance to consolidate Leominster Hospital and Burbank Hospital. Opposition of retired postmaster Sally Tracy on the consolidation; Negative effects of the consolidations of community hospitals; Coalition formed to oppose consolidation plans.
- Pharmacist review of drug regimens reduces polypharmacy. DeBenedette, Valerie // Drug Topics;7/21/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 14, DRUG TOPICS FOR THE... p42
Reports that Health Alliance Plan has engaged with clinical pharmacists at the Henry Ford System to review medical records for patients at risk for polypharmacy in the U.S. Overview of the plan's polypharmacy program; Patient problems with polypharmacy.
- Cincinnati fights to take back control of hospital. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;04/13/98, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p24
Discusses the legal challenges faced by University Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, after it was privatized in 1997. Dispute brought by the city of Cincinnati against Health Alliance which acquired the hospital; Commitment of Health Alliance to keep the hospital in its system; Fears of city...
- Insurer Offer Its Members DailyMed Plan. // Chain Drug Review;4/26/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p190
The article reports that Health Alliance Medical Plans Inc. is offering its Medicare Advantage members to enroll on the DailyMed pharmacy program of Arcadia Resources Inc. in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Members rally for their plan. Miller, Julie // Managed Healthcare Executive;Oct2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p22
Reports on efforts of lawmakers and members of Health Alliance to convince the state of Illinois to overturn its decision not to renew the plan's contract for state employees. Estimated costs and out-of-network charges of a higher-priced insurance package; Health Alliance customer service's...
- Ohio system gets LTAC hospital. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;12/19/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 51, p17
The article reports on the decision of the commissioners of Hamilton County, Ohio to approve the transfer of the county's membership in Drake Center to Health Alliance. The University of Cincinnati, which has six seats in Drake's board, is expected to approve the transfer. Health Alliance plans...
- E-billing adopters find rewards. Bednarz, Ann // Network World;1/10/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p25
This article reports for a company switching from paper to electronic invoicing methods, one obvious savings potential is mailing costs--no more bills to print or postage to purchase. But there are a lot more savings to be gleaned by going electronic, users say For Health Alliance Medical Plans...
- Online entrepreneur. Goch // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Dec99, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p24
Profiles Andrew Slavitt, founder and chief executive officer of Glendale, California-based HealthAllies. Professional experience; Educational attainment; Events that lead him to form his own company.