FOR ASSISTED LIVING RESIDENTS: Balanced Care Corp. goes back to the basics
- What assisted living can learn from long-term care. Church, Katherine // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Nov2006, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p58
This article explains that there is no question that the emerging assisted living industry needs to respond to the desires of healthier and wealthier baby boomers, who are more demanding than previous generations in many respects. This is particularly true when it comes to food. And assisted...
- Quality service can help to create a sense of community. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;8/11/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 31, p12
An interview with Cindy Heilman is presented. She views on the issue of doing service in nursing homes or assisted-living facilities as having a huge inequality as far as from a resident's perspective and a staff in assisted-living house thinking on their priority and meals they offered....
- Assisted Living Regulations Come of Age. MURER, MATTHEW // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Feb99, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p66
Focuses on the regulatory challenges confronting nursing home providers concerning assisted living in the United States. Predictions for 1999; Issues that regulators need to address; Opposition against the Certificates of Need (CON).
- DESIGN CENTER. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar2002, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p39
Features Dan Mar Retirement Villa in Los Angeles, California. Physical description of the facility; Renovation of the facility by GMP Architects and Interior Spaces Inc.; Classification of the facility.
- County's newest assisted-care community. Klein, Ed // Westchester County Business Journal;11/26/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 48, p22
Features The Fountains at RiverVue in New York, New York. Profitability of the assisted-care center; Availability of a center for elderlies with Alzheimer's disease; Amenities and services of the center.
- Converting nursing beds to assisted living. Coulter, Mina; Law, Nancy // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Jan99, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p55
Reports that Friendly Acres Retirement Community in Newton, Kansas, has converted its nursing home beds to assisted living. Other factors included in the decision of Friendly Acres; Details on the conversion; Other features of assisted living that can be included.
- `Assisted Living' Market Could Mean Strong ROI For Insurers. Carver, Howard; Berne, Michael // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/10/99, Vol. 103 Issue 19, p33
Focuses on the assisted living market in the United States. Definition and stages of the continuum of care; Investment opportunities open to health maintenance organizations; Impact of the proliferation of assisted living facilities to sales of long-term care policies.
- Congratulations are in Order. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/15/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p10
A photograph is presented which illustrates Park Plaza Nursing Home employees bringing balloons and expressing their congratulations to the Country Club Community Retirement Community (CCRC) for passing the state requirements to receive their Assisted Living Facility License in Texas.
- Fairfield elderly-care facility eyes renovation. Cooley, Megan // Journal of Business (10756124);5/8/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 10, pB2
Reports on the renovation of the Fairfield Good Samaritan Center in Fairfield, Washington. Accommodation of demand for more mid-level care; conversion of one of the center's nursing-home wings into ten assisted living units; Cost of the project; Ownership of the center by the Evangelical...