CUTS LABOR IMMEDIATELY: Automation at Pittsburgh schools in for `long term'
- Economically Innovative. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;11/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p18
The article highlights the contributions of nutrition services director Sue Bettenhausen in developing the foodservice program at Scottsdale Unified School District in Arizona. In addition to the physical changes, Bettenhausen made a time change. Now between 40 and 50 students at a time are...
- BETTER REIMBURSABLE MEALS: OAKLAND USD UPGRADES. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the Deli Delite sandwich program at Oakland Unified School District's high school cafeterias in spring 2003. Response of students to the program; Other meal included in the program; Advantage of the program to students; Cost of sandwich.
- IN HIGH SCHOOL, JUNIOR HIGH: Othello School District eyes `budget branding'. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the installation of theme foodcourts at Othello School District's high schools in Washington State. Concepts of the foodcourts in the schools; Percent gain in snack sales.
- 2000 RESULTS: School food & equip. spending on the rise. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p51
Presents the results of the 2001 School Industry Census Report of 'FoodService Director' magazine regarding school food service business in the U.S. Food and equipment purchases; Commodity purchases; Number of school districts involved with contractors.
- IN BETHLEHEM, PA: Broader menu, snacks help schools build sales, participation. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;12/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p36
Focuses on the increase in menu selections in the Bethlehem Area School District in Pennsylvania which strengthened food service sales and customer participation. Daily entrees available to students; Availability of snack stations in the secondary school cafeterias; Role of on-site food...
- PART OF LONG-TERM PLAN: Fla. school co-op adds 6 dists. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
Reports that several North Central Florida school districts have joined a food purchasing cooperative created by the food service departments of Alachua and Putnam County school districts. Why the districts join the cooperative; Activities of the cooperative.
- FOR 22,000 SCHOOL LUNCHES: Central kitchen doubles capacity in Santa Ana. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p6
Reports that the Santa Ana School District in Orange County, California, opened a central kitchen in January 2000 to double its production space. Value of the project; Challenges met during the construction of the central kitchen; Remarks from its food service director, Carol Godfrey.
- IN DAVIS CTY. DISTRICT: Cook-chill betters Utah school menu. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the positive outcome of the installation of a central cook-chill production system at the Davis City School District in Farmington, Utah. Changes in the menus; Remarks from food service director, Pam Tsakalos.
- 1999 RESULTS: Belts tighten as food, equipment purchases drop. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p61
Presents the results of the foodservice performance report for the top 100 school districts in the United States for 1999. Decrease in the purchasing activity in food, equipment and supplies; Increase in the use of branded food products; Increase in the total food purchases.