WITH BEEFED-UP MENUS, OFFERINGS: Airlines respond to food complaints, competition
- IFSA salutes innovators with President's Awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/18/94, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p65
Reports on the Inflight Food Service Association's (IFSA) presentation of its 1994 President's Awards to British Airways, Northwest Airlines and Continental Airlines.
- Northwest getting fancy on menus. // Air Transport World;Aug96, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p78
Announces Northwest Airlines' unveiling of new menus for its World Business Class transatlantic flights to the United States. Consultation with top American and European chefs to develop the menus.
- Northwest Airlines upgrades its foodservice from coach to classy. // Nation's Restaurant News;03/06/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p18
Reports on Northwest Airlines Inc.'s upgrading of its food service on both first and coach class. Goal to create a more pleasurable dining experience for airline passengers; Serving of larger portions of tasty, familiar food; Increase in the number of flights in which meals will be served.
- Is this really an alliance? McTigue, E. Guthrie // Global Finance;Mar1998, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p38
Looks at the deal made by Northwest Airlines with Continental Airlines. Claims regarding the deal; Northwest's proposal to combine flight schedules, marketing, and frequent-flier programs but maintain separate operations including its key management posts; Agreement with Continental to put its...
- Will Paper Tickets Be Obsolete? // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;Jun2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p3
Announces the surcharge imposed by Continental Airlines and Northwest Airlines on its paper airlines tickets, and the self-service airport kiosks launched by both airlines.
- Pilots could ground Northwest alliance. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;06/22/98, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p22
Focuses on the impact of the proposed alliance of Northwest Airline Corporation and Continental Airlines Incorporated on travelers in Detroit. Benefits of the proposed alliance to both companies if approved; Information on both companies; Terms of the proposed alliance.
- Continental calls time on free bar. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;5/27/2002, Issue 2515, p15
Reports on the implementation of charges for all alcoholic drinks served in the economy cabins of Continental Airlines on July 1, 2002. Rationale behind the drinks policy; Plans of the airline to upgrade its economy cabins.
- No more pie-in-the-sky. Fiorino, Frances // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/4/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 1, p19
Reports on the plan of Continental Airlines to cancel its meals on flights of less than two hours.
- Airline chief gives last rites to fare wars. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;Dec98, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p265
Reports that Continental Airlines chairman Gordon Bethune has stated at the 1998 conference of the National Defense Transportation Association that the major airlines have already carved out their airport territories. Territories of various airlines; Competition for passengers who have a choice...