IS GASTRONOMY'S GOAL: BECOMING A DESTINATION
- Ohio restaurant chain to open in St. George, eyes northern Utah. Olson, Debbi // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/8/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p3
The article reports that Rise & Dine, a restaurant chain based in Columbus, Ohio, is set to launch its first franchise in Saint George, Utah on October 1, 2008. Butch Velie, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Rise & Dine, relates the demand for restaurants offering breakfasts. Velie...
- Food notes. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;5/26/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 48, p15
Presents news briefs on the food service industry in Salt Lake City, Utah as of May 26, 2003. Appointment of Robert Baker as executive chef of the Bambara restaurant; Closure of the Daily Grind restaurant; Details of the summer wine dinners offered by Gastronomy Inc. at its restaurants and clubs.
- Gastronomy Inc. BRONIKOWSKI, LYNN // Nation's Restaurant News;1/30/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p82
The article discusses the dining concept of Salt Lake City, Utah-based restaurant operator Gastronomy Inc. The company was founded in 1978 and has five restaurants and four private clubs. Gastronomy's restaurants offer high-end food. The restaurants are also located in or near historical sites....
- Tony May. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;5/23/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p120
Profiles Tony May, the president of the Italian restaurant, San Domenico NY Inc., in New York. Educational background of the executive; Career history of May; Hobbies; Contribution of May in the food service industry.
- Boston's Bay Tower names exec. chef, CEO. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/26/99, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p68
Reports the selection of Kim Lambrechts as executive chef and Bradford Hudson as chief executive officer of the Bay Tower Restaurant in Boston, Massachusetts. Job responsibilities of Lambrechts and Hudson; Career background of Lambrechts; Career highlights of Hudson.
- Building a better casual-dining chief executive. Rockwell, Steve // Nation's Restaurant News;10/1/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 20, p44
The article offers the author's perspective regarding the need for the restaurant industry in the U.S. to create a dream casual-dining chief executive officers (CEOs) to regain the sector's past glory as a growth powerhouse. The author suggests that discussion of these casual-dining CEOs has to...
- HAVING WORDS WITH Fred Stow. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;10/1/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p158
The article presents an interview with Fred Stow, founder and chief executive officer of third-party meal delivery company Order Corner, about his business. According to Stow, Order First is a food management company and it connects with drug companies to handle all of their sales forces; food...
- Repetition, recall, retention keys to effective training. Sullivan, Jim // Nation's Restaurant News;2/7/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p18
This article reports that employee and manager education play critical roles in how restaurants plan to achieve that measurable performance growth in their team this year. Applebee's president and chief operating officer, Dave Goebel, speaks energetically about an athlete's "muscle memory" as a...
- NEWS. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/7/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p24
This article presents information on recent developments related to the restaurant industry. Carlson Restaurants Worldwide Inc. named Jeff Warne president and chief operating officer of its 100-unit Pick Up Stix division, based in San Clemente, California. He replaces Tim Pulido, who had been at...