WHICH EYES DEBIT CARD, TACO BELL: NJ schools sign CulinArt
- Nutritious Outsourcing. McClure, Ann // District Administration;Oct2006, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p78
The article addresses the decision of Duval County Public Schools to outsource its food services, in its quest to provide high quality, nutritious meals to students without raising lunch prices. The school district teamed with food service provider Aramark for centralized meal production. Before...
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p6
Presents news briefs concerning school foodservice in the U.S. as of May 15, 2005. Launch of a request for proposals by the Philadelphia school district in Pennsylvania in relation to its plan to outsource foodservice at its schools; Availability of nomination forms for the 2006 Foodservice...
- Outsourcing 101. Crane, Elizabeth // District Administration;Oct2004, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p65
Explores the benefits of outsourcing for school districts in the United States. Definition of outsourcing; Services essential to keep under the direct command of a school district; Ways to successfully manage the vendors; Companies that contract with districts nationwide for a variety of...
- Study: Only about 15 percent of Texas school districts outsource foodservices. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;9/3/2015, p1
The article discusses the 2015 Mackinac Center for Public Policy research which showed that only 15 percent of school districts in Texas outsource their food services, followed by custodial services and transportation.
- More schools are looking to outside sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p96
States that the emphasis of food service operations in school districts in the United States is being targeted at the sales made from the a la carte, highlighting the DeKalb County School in Decatur, Georgia. Amount of students who attend the schools; Amount of money which was spent in food...
- 'BUILD YOUR OWN' BUILDS SALES. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p5
Announces the increase in lunch participation at the Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District in Buffalo, New York with the initiation of a School Construction Zone promotion throughout its six elementary schools. Concept underlying the promotion; Range of food items included in the...
- Food service operating efficiency as a function of central office staff sizing and responsibilities. Allers, Katherine L.; Murphy, John F. // Education;Spring96, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p451
Presents the results of a study of North Carolina-based school districts to identify the most cost-efficient configurations of food service central office staffing sizes and personal assignments. Background on the study.
- Aramark debuts a new cafeteria and new mascot. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/17/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p21
Focuses on the launch of a cafeteria called One World Cafe in various school districts in the United States. Menu; Image concept; Introduction of a mascot called Spike.
- District to Change Lunch Account Delinquency Policy. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;3/15/2012, p2
The article deals with the plan of the Southeast Polk (IA) Community School District to implement a pair of policy changes on unpaid school meal accounts after accumulating more than 40,000 U.S. dollars in unpaid meals.