IN MAJOR SOUTHEAST CITIES: Canteen ties with Sands
- Hanson expands operations in California, North Carolina. // Pit & Quarry;Jan2000, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p13
Focuses on the acquisition of Olin Jones Sand Co. and Jones Sand Co. by Hanson PLC. Estimated value of the deal; Amount of sand produced by the acquired companies; Benefits of the acquisition for Hanson.
- Hanson expands California aggregates dredging stable. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Feb2000, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p7
Reports that Hanson PLC has expanded its American aggregates operations via cash acquisition of businesses in California and North Carolina. Advantages of the acquisition of Olin Jones Sand Co. and Jones Sand Co. to Hanson's position in the dredged aggregates market.
- Hanson buys Tidewater. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Aug99, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p6
Highlights the announcement of Hanson PLC that it has acquired Tidewater Sand & Gravel and its affiliate Moe Sand Co. by its United States subsidiary Hanson Building Materials America. Value of the deal; Advantages of the deal; Information on Tidewater; Operating profit yielded by Tidewater in 1998.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/19/99, Vol. 243 Issue 3, p20
Presents several news in construction industry around the world as of July 19, 1999. Acquisition of aggregates companies Tidewater Sand & Gravel and Moe Sand Co. by Hanson PLC; Relocation of Skanska International AB from Malmo Sweden to Zurich; Contract won by the GLF Construction Corp. for...
- Canteen to add Hardee's, Rally's, Blimpie products. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/29/98, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p4
Reports on Canteen Vending Services' introduction of branded sandwich products to its vending-account locations.
- Canteen Vending introduces new Fresh To You program. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/07/98, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p22
Features Canteen Vending Services' program called Fresh To You in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Profile of Canteen Vending's fresh-food kiosk business; Joe Uhr as brand development manager.
- Canteen Vending launches restaurant brand program. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p1
Reports on Canteen Vending Svcs.'s launching of a restaurant brand program with Hardee's, Rally's and Blimpie Subs. Promotion of a fresh food concept; Offering of culinary products; Terms of the deal.
- Vending machine operators try upscale for change. Knutson, Ted // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/09/98, Vol. 16 Issue 45, pB3
Reports on Canteen Vending Services' addition of new food entries in its corporate vending machines. List of food added to the products offered in Canteen Vending's vending machines; Basis of the company's strategy; Overview on several factors affecting the vending machine industry.
- GE Acquires Infographic Systems. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2002, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p19
Reports on the acquisition of Infographic Systems by General Electric Industrial Systems in Connecticut. Provision of electronic access control; Availability of video imaging; Improvement of electronic security.