USDA'S FOOD PRICE OUTLOOK: Meat prices expected to rise 4%
- The competition. // Prairie Farmer;Oct2013, Vol. 185 Issue 10, p105
The article reports on the projection of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) concerning the condition of the meat industry in the country with emphasis on the 1.9% increase on chicken output in 2013 and the projected pork output of up to 800 million pounds in 2014.
- U.S. Food Costs May Rise 4% Behind Beef, Pork, USDA Says. Bjerga, Alan // BEEF Exclusive Insight;4/25/2011, p1
The article cites a report by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) which claims that surging pork and beef costs will put pressure on U.S. food inflation.
- Beef, pork prices remain stable. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p24
Reports that the price of beef and pork to foodservice operators in the United States, will remain stable until the year 2000, as reported by the economist at the United States Department of Agriculture. Factors which cause the prices to remain stable; How the prices will affect the packers.
- Chicken by the numbers. Roenigk, William // Meat & Deli Retailer;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p46
The article reports on the increase in the price of chicken in the U.S. The Department of Agriculture reports on the increase in the retail price from $1.13 to $1.25 per pound. The chicken sector is said to remain vibrant despite the price increase and a forecast states that in 2009, the average...
- USDA predicts fruit prices will increase. // Greenhouse Management;Aug2014 Supplement Produce Grower, p6
The article offers forecast from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) regarding the higher prices in oranges and other fresh fruit to be faced by U.S. consumers due to adverse weather and widespread disease in California and Florida in 2014.
- High on the Hog. // Time;1/22/1951, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p85
The article focuses on the supply and prices of meat in the U.S. as of January 1951. It says that given a free market, U.S. meat packers believe that farmers could produce enough meat to keep the supply high and prices in check. The U.S. Department of Agriculture has forecasted that meat prices...
- USDA: Meat, Egg Prices Set To Increase. Enis, Matthew // SN: Supermarket News;9/17/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 38, p59
The article reports on the increase in retail prices of meat, eggs and poultry in the U.S. According to the "U.S. Ethanol Expansion Driving Changes Throughout the Agricultural Sector" report by the economic Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), retail prices of meat,...
- Meijer Upgrades Meat Department. Harper, Roseanne // Supermarket News Expert Blog;11/12/2012, p13
The article reports on the move by the department store chain Meijer to upgrade its meat departments in the U.S. The chain has decided to provide its meat departments with certified meat cutters and Certified Angus beef. Meijer officials stated that Certified Angus beef will be sold by the chain...
- Hogs & Pigs Report -- Bullish or Bearish? Your Choice. Meyer, Steve // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;4/2/2012, p2
The article presents the 2012 U.S. Department of Agriculture's quarterly Hogs & Pigs report. According to the author, there are inconsistencies in the report related to the weather and the losses due to porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome It includes 2012 data on the weekly amount of...