MODEL FOOD CODE CHANGES: FDA calls on foodservice to note raw food dangers
- FDA releases new food code. // Hotel & Motel Management;5/9/94, Vol. 209 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the new food code released by the US Food and Drug Administration for food service, retail outlets and vending operations.
- Freedom of Info rule is waived. // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p36
Reveals that under a policy instituted by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), central kitchens, food processing facilities and other food service sites inspected by the FDA will no longer have to file Federal `Freedom of Information' requests to obtain copies of reports. Aims...
- Writers' block: Mass. operators struggle with words of warning. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;11/13/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p156
Focuses on the challenges faced by Massachusetts restaurant operators in writing a consumer advisory for restaurant menu in compliance with the state's food code. Requirement for restaurants to warn customers of the risks of eating some raw or undercooked foods; Food-safety training of at least...
- The 41 degree substandard? Bielski, Lauren // Restaurant Business;06/01/98, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p13
Focuses on the National Restaurant Association's concern about the restaurant industry's readiness for the US Food & Drug Administration code requiring food to be cooled to 41 degrees Fahrenheit or below before putting it on the grill or getting it garnished. Problems with the refrigeration...
- TO 'HACCP' OR NOT TO 'HACCP': Foodsvc. exempted from juice rules. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the exemption of food service establishments from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) rules designed to increase safety of fruit and vegetables juices. Requirement for juice processors; Decision of FDA to exempt food service; Other provisions.
- THE 45-DEGREE SOLUTION: FDA poses new egg chill rules. // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the revised food safety rules issued by the United States Food and Drug Administration that require foodservice operators to refrigerate all fresh eggs to reduce the incidence of Salmonella enteritidis-related illnesses associated with raw eggs. Importance of cooking the eggs...
- PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES: FDA to study transportation f/s. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p26
Reports the changes in the federal sanitation standards of food service on trains and airplanes and various transportation-related sites in the United States (US). Details on the plan of the US Food and Drug Administration on travel sanitation.
- FDA advisory group says `not yet' to bare-hand ban. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p18
Reports on the response of the United States (US) National Advisory Committee on Microbiological Criteria for Foods towards the ban given by the US Food and Drug Administration towards bare-hand contact with ready-to-eat food by kitchen workers. What was concluded by the advisory group; How the...
- FDA Developments: Food Code 2013 and Proposed Trans Fat Determination. Grossman, Margaret Rosso // European Food & Feed Law Review;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p268
The article discusses the Food Code and proposed trans fat determination issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in November 2013. It says that the FDA has updated its Food Code, which is designed to assist in food control jurisdictions at all government levels by providing legal...