TO `REFOCUS AGAINST KEY GOALS': ARAMARK'S ZILLMER SEEKS `BALANCED GROWTH' IN F/S
- Traveling a new road: Zillmer heads Aramak's intl. operations. King // Nation's Restaurant News;12/13/99, Vol. 33 Issue 50, p20
Comments on John Zillmer's appointment as head of Aramark's international operations. Zillmer's remarks concerning his appointment and his tenure in the company; Career history.
- Zillmer named to replace Kiernan as head of Aramark's food division. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/17/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p18
Reports on John Zillmer's appointment as president of Aramark's Food and Support Services Group. Charles Kiernan as predecessor; Aramark president and chief operating officer's comments on Zillmer's capabilities; Zillmer's ability to create long-term partnerships with customers.
- New Boss at Allied. Ursery, Stephen // Waste Age;Jun2005, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the appointment of John J. Zillmer as chairman and CEO at Allied Waste Industries Inc. based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Zillmer succeeded Charles H. Cotros, who had held the titles on an interim basis since October 2004. Like Cotros, Zillmer comes to Allied as a veteran of...
- John Zillmer. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;9/22/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p76
Profiles John Zillmer, president of Food & Support Services of Aramark Corp. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Educational background; Married life; Career highlights.
- Boston's Bay Tower names exec. chef, CEO. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/26/99, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p68
Reports the selection of Kim Lambrechts as executive chef and Bradford Hudson as chief executive officer of the Bay Tower Restaurant in Boston, Massachusetts. Job responsibilities of Lambrechts and Hudson; Career background of Lambrechts; Career highlights of Hudson.
- Seven Deadly Hiring Mistakes. Lousig-Nont, Gregory // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct2000, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p46
Presents a list of common mistakes made by food service companies in hiring employees. Disadvantages in hiring employees based on job interview results; Errors in the use of intuition; Use of character references as a basis for employment.
- What's your candidate's food safety IQ? Kinnear, James // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on the incorporation of food handling questions when interviewing potential employees for the food service industry. Importance of the applicant's knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation guidelines; Use of a structured interviewing process; Categories of interview questions.
- The Pancake Pusher. Mero, Jenny // Fortune;10/15/2007, Vol. 156 Issue 8, p48
This article profiles Chief Executive Officer of the International House of Pancakes (IHOP) Julia Stewart. The author describes how Stewart was once a waitress herself and how she now likes to take prospective employees out, observing how they treat restaurant servers. Stewart invigorated the...
- AS BILL HAMMAN RETIRES: Rick Brockland takes over Sodexho Higher Educ. Div. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p6
Reports that Rick Brockland has been named president of food service firm, Sodexho Marriott Services' Higher Education Division based in Orlando, Florida. Retirement of Bill Hamman at Sodexho; Career background of Brockland.