FoodCapsule: THE RISE OF GRAB-AND-GO
- SNACKING FORECAST. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;Jan2015, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p16
The article focuses on "The Big Picture" survey by the periodical "Foodservice Director" which found that college and university food-service operators perceived growth in snacking.
- COUNTER SERVICE. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/8/2013, Vol. 47 Issue 13, p8
The article presents results of a survey which states that majority college students uses on-campus food service facilities in 2012.
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;12/15/206, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
The article presents news briefs related to food service. Room service and cashless payment systems are gaining favor among hospitals that operate their own foodservice programs, according to the annual membership survey conducted by the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management....
- KEEPING CUSTOMERS SATISFIED: Online student surveys put foodservice on right track. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the results of the SatisTrack online satisfaction survey announced by Food Insights that helps colleges and universities learn how students rate their campus dining experience. Number of institutions that are SatisTrack subscribers; Campuses included in the survey; Attributes in the...
- College foodservice meets challenges with innovations. Pierce, C. Dennis // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, JumpStart p3
Editorial. Discusses some of the innovations which are being made in colleges in the United States, to improve the food service operations. Details on some of the changes made to cafeterias in colleges; Problems which are being encountered by food service directors; Reference to some of the...
- Comparing in-house vs. national brands. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
Compares the quality of the food service offered by the auxiliary service sector and the campus facilities, highlighting a case study conducted at the Michigan State University. Details on some of the methods used to enhance quality of foods at the facilities; Revenues generated by colleges...
- Campus feeders deploy more brands in bids to revive student-center dining. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p41
Focuses on the efforts of food service industry to revive student-center dining in college campuses in the United States. Effects of growing percentage of older enrollees; Campus expansion; Scholars' embracing of computer technology.
- Institutions go to `market' with new service concept. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/11/96, Vol. 30 Issue 44, p1
Focuses on the debate over the marketplace concept of noncommercial food service in universities in the United States. Key features of the food service concept; Challenges in operating; Questions regarding the marketplace concept.
- College meal cards good at seven merchants. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p20
Reports that the students of Iona College in New Rochelle, New York will be able to use their meal cards off campus at seven participating merchants on North Avenue. Names of merchants; Courses offered by Iona.