FOR CORRECTIONAL BOOST: Compass adds Trinity to Canteen Correctional
- Compass Acquires Corrections Specialist. // Food Management;Jul2000, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p24
Reports the acquisition of Trinity Services Group by Compass Group in the United States. Provision of food service and commissary services to corrections facilities by Trinity; Retention of Trinity founders in the company following the acquisition; Expansion in the services of the merged companies.
- Finances: Along the acquisition trail. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p78
Discloses the strategic plan of contract foodservice conglomerate, Compass Group PLC in its acquisitions of companies in Great Britain. Reduction of Compass's debts from its purchase of Granada PLC; Explanation of the short term return on capital profile to the investors; Elimination of a...
- Compass Announces Further Acquisitions. // Hospitality Ireland;Jun2011, p79
The article reports on the move by the Compass Group to acquire additional small food services businesses like Sweden's BGP Resurs and French catering company Elior as part of a 140 million pound overseas expansion program.
- Compass Enters Acute Care with Morrison Deal. // Food Management;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on food service firm Compass Group PLC's acquisition of Morrison Management Specialists in the United States. Value of the transaction; Foray into the acute care hospital segment; Growth opportunity for contractors.
- Tlie Other Side of the Service Equation. Lawn, John // Food Management;Feb2009, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p6
The article presents the author's views on non-food services provided by foodservice companies. According to the author, foodservice directors' responsibilities now also include environmental services, healthcare, and education. The author says that growth through acquisition of smaller...
- SEGMENT SIGNALS. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p1
Presents news briefs on the food service industry as of March 15, 2002. Acquisition of Bon Appetit Management Co. by Compass Group PLC; Proposed budget of the Bush administration for school lunch and child nutrition; Sale of the Orion Food Systems by Schwan's Sales Enterprises.
- Compass buys business from ex-employees. Walker, Ben // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/12/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4310, p7
Reports on the acquisition of industry caterer Everson Hewett by Compass Group PLC in 2004. Estimated value of the company; Background on the founding directors of Everson; Contracts handled by the company.
- Morrison Management Specialists: Rx for success. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p72
Focuses on the purchase of Morrison Management Specialists by Compass Group PLC to help its entry into the United States acute-care hospital foodservice market. Value of the deal for the shareholders; Accomplishment of a goal to continue the increase of revenues; Success of campaigns to...
- Compass Group paying $250M for full ownership of Levy Restaurants. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;1/23/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the decision of Compass Group PLC to acquire the remaining 51 percent of Levy Restaurants Inc. in the U.S. Compass Group PLC has already owned 49 percent of the company. The acquisition amounted to 250 million dollars. The acquiring company plans not to change the...