COMBINED PURCHASING OF $6 MIL.: UCLA MED. CTR. TO LINK WITH SANTA MONICA IN F/S
- Acquisition of Santa Monica hospital to boost UCLA managed-care firepower. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;7/31/95, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the approvals from the UC Board of Regents to the University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center and Santa Monica Hospital Medical Center to acquire the hospital from UniHealth America of Burbank, California. Announcement of programs by UCLA; Creation of UCLA Health Network;...
- Culinary Rehab. Santoro, Jamie // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul99, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p20
Provides information on the food services at hospitals in the United States. Menu at Zale Lipshy University Hospital; Improvement on the cafeteria at UCLA Medical Center in California.
- Food `Integral' to Healing: UCLA Med. Ctr. to adopt room svc. in new facility. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p12
Looks at the plans of UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California to adopt a room service in its facility. Comments from Carlton Green, director of nutrition services; Description on the rooms in the hospital.
- Merle Norman Pavilion, Santa Monica Medical Center. Gaskie, M.F. // Architectural Record;Apr1989, Vol. 177 Issue 4, p86
Describes the design of the Merle Norman Pavilion, Santa Monica Medical Center's new wing, designed by Bobrow/Thomas and Associates.
- Santa Monica Center: A pioneer in senior peer counseling. // Aging;1994, Issue 366, p47
Reports on the need for other centers like the Santa Monica Center, to assist with seniors' emotional needs. Santa Monica Center's programs; Their services; How they benefit the elderly.
- Knowing when to quit. Hudson, Terese // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;11/05/96, Vol. 70 Issue 21, p62
Describes the changes in the guidelines of California's Santa Monica Hospital Medical Center for treating patients who are determined by doctors to be futile to treat. Aim of saving patients from unnecessary suffering; Use of a seven-step process for doctors to follow.
- Rape resources. // Liberal Education;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p52
Reports that the Rape Treatment Center at Santa Monica Medical Center in California, has produced three resources for rape education and awareness on campuses. Description; Contact information.
- California not-for-profits seek link. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;10/10/94, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the agreement sought by Santa Monica, California-based Saint John's Hospital and Health Center and Santa Monica Hospital Medical Center for a possible merger or affiliation by the two hospitals. Comment by Thomas Herrick, vice president of business and professional affairs at Saint...
- Tremor-torn hospitals rebuild, despite critics. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;1/23/95, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the rebuilding of Santa Monica Hospital and Saint John's Hospital and Health Center in California after the Northridge quake on January 17, 1994. Santa Monica Hospital as part of the UniHealth America system; Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, Kansas as owner of Saint John;...