TO BOOST `SPECIAL SALES': SC schools serving branded chicken
- BETTER REIMBURSABLE MEALS: OAKLAND USD UPGRADES. // FoodService Director;7/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the Deli Delite sandwich program at Oakland Unified School District's high school cafeterias in spring 2003. Response of students to the program; Other meal included in the program; Advantage of the program to students; Cost of sandwich.
- Deli sales brighten in Mich. // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1
This article reports on the increase in sales of reimbursable deli meals at Brighton School District in Michigan. Revenues jumped from $16,834 in the 2004-2005 school year to $37,719 in 2006, owing to its addition of four hot sandwiches to its deli offerings. The new line of reimbursable...
- A 'made-to-order' biz. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p104
Focuses on the emphasis on sandwiches as the main food offering of school food service businesses in the United States. Introduction of do-it-yourself and custom-made sandwich selections; Turkey sandwiches as the most popular selection; Case examples at Saint Johnsbury Academy in Vermont and...
- Grilled cheese still no.1. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p116
Focuses on trends in sandwiches offered by food services at schools in the United States. Which sandwiches are most popular; What some food service operators at schools in various states are offering; Comments from food service operators.
- More schools are looking to outside sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p96
States that the emphasis of food service operations in school districts in the United States is being targeted at the sales made from the a la carte, highlighting the DeKalb County School in Decatur, Georgia. Amount of students who attend the schools; Amount of money which was spent in food...
- 'BUILD YOUR OWN' BUILDS SALES. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p5
Announces the increase in lunch participation at the Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda Union Free School District in Buffalo, New York with the initiation of a School Construction Zone promotion throughout its six elementary schools. Concept underlying the promotion; Range of food items included in the...
- Food service operating efficiency as a function of central office staff sizing and responsibilities. Allers, Katherine L.; Murphy, John F. // Education;Spring96, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p451
Presents the results of a study of North Carolina-based school districts to identify the most cost-efficient configurations of food service central office staffing sizes and personal assignments. Background on the study.
- Aramark debuts a new cafeteria and new mascot. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/17/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p21
Focuses on the launch of a cafeteria called One World Cafe in various school districts in the United States. Menu; Image concept; Introduction of a mascot called Spike.
- District to Change Lunch Account Delinquency Policy. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;3/15/2012, p2
The article deals with the plan of the Southeast Polk (IA) Community School District to implement a pair of policy changes on unpaid school meal accounts after accumulating more than 40,000 U.S. dollars in unpaid meals.