WITH GRILL/WOK, SMOKER, TORTILLAS: New Motorola cafe adds open design, all out-front
- Motorola modifies take-home concepts. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p2
Reports on Motorola Food Works' development of a formal strategy for home-meal replacement. Start of operation of a unit in Tempe, Arizona; Plan to offer cold packaged items.
- Motorola retains self-op f/s, seeks 5% to 6% savings. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p3
Reports on Motorola Food Works' retention of its status as a self-operated food service provider in the United States after a proposal to privatize the operation was defeated. Motorola Inc.'s evaluation of proposals from other food service companies; Reasons for retaining Food Works as the...
- Motorola Food Works' winning bid. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Mar1999, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the Motorola Food Works which has long been a standard of excellence for foodservice managers and directors seeking to protect and promote self-operation. Ultimate test faced by Food Works; Food Works project team; Focus on the financials; Challenge for the future.
- Motorola Goes "Greenish". // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p17
The article reports on the green initiative for the onsite foodservice departments conducted by Motorola Corp. in the U.S. According to Carol Bracken-Tilley, manager of hospitality services, the initiative prompted the dining department to evaluate its own practices and come up with a practical...
- IN LONG BEACH, CA: Hospital dishes lighten up for summertime. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the changes in the Seaside Cafe menu at Long Beach Memorial Hospital in California to capitalize on customers who want lighter cold dishes and thirst-quenching beverages. Bottled beverages offered at the Cafe; Percentage of increase in beverage sales.
- THE GOURMET GAME. Bryant, Katherine // Restaurant Business;7/15/2001, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p85
Looks at how food service operators in the United States are enhancing their coffee programs to compete with coffee chains. Report by the National Coffee Association showing an increase in the number of new daily drinkers in the gourmet category in 2001; Number of gourmet coffee consumers;...
- WAITING ON YOU. // Echo Magazine;5/6/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p61
Evaluates several restaurants in Phoenix, Arizona. AZ 88 restaurant and bar at Scottsdale Mall; Barbecue Company's Grill & Cafe; Landmark Restaurant; Pookie's Cafe.
- Taste of Mobile: Good Eats Galore. Mink, Randy // TravelAmerica;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p40
Recommends several restaurants on Alabama's Gulf Coast. Wintzell's Oyster House; Three Georges Southern Chocolates; Royal Street Cafe; Zea Rotisserie & Grill.
- PLAY IT COOL WITH THE KIDDIES. Lau, Michelle // Sunset;Jun2007, Vol. 218 Issue 6, p63
The article features the Tumble and Tea Cafe in Oakland, California. The cafe has an indoor play space for children. It serves lemonade, tomato salad, PB&J and Goldfish crackers. Several recreational areas for children include a castle and a mini-jungle gym. Sundays at the cafe feature Breakfast...