ON THE WEB
- Quiet Way of Doing It All. Travis, June // Television Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p44
The article presents the author's experience of working with Barbara York in the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA). She was a mentor to Barbara about the cable industry, while Barbara taught her everything about planning a convention. The author said that Barbara has changed...
- NCTA's Institutional Memory. Lee, Debra // Television Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p54
The article features Barbara York of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA), who possesses a masterful approach to handling an organization's board. The author states that Barbara is a glue that makes the convention and the other things around NCTA. Barbara has commitment...
- Creative Approach to Show. Wilson, Debora // Television Week;5/7/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p56
The article features Barbara York of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA), who can produce the most complex shows in the cable industry. The author states that York has reached to advertising in order to acquire revenues for both programmers and operators. Barbara has taken...
- NCTA's leader board. Hall, Lee; McConville, Jim; Brown, Joel // Electronic Media;05/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p4
Presents information on the 47the National Cable Television Association Show (NCTA '98). Information on the appearance of Microsoft's Bill Gates; Indepth look at the announcement made at the NCTA; Details on the NCTA Board elections.
- Cable channels look for face lift as digital arrives. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;05/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p4
Focuses on the attendance of cable network corporations at the 47th annual 1998 National Cable Television Association (NCTA) with emphasis on digital television. Indepth look at the word broad band; Indication that USA's and Sci-Fi's are seeking to revamp their brand image; Comments from USA...
- A line in the sand. // Electronic Media;05/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p12
Opinion. Focuses on the National Cable Television Association convention with emphasis on problems relating to digital programming. Information on the number of homes in the United States (US) receiving broadcast by way of cable outlet; Views on the 1080-interlaced format used CBS Incorporated...
- NCTA's Web site is not that bad. // Electronic Media;05/18/98, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p8
Gives information on the Web site of the National Cable Television Association, highlighting its importance as a communications tool. What the site offers; Address of the web site.
- Cable programmers soon will have an even stronger voice at the National Cable Television... McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p62
Reports on the National Cable Television Association increase of seats held by programmers on the board. Ration of programmer representation with their dues; Name of programmers on the board.
- Nuts-and-bolts show predicted for NCTA. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;4/29/96, Vol. 230 Issue 18, p16
Focuses on the National Cable Television Association's Cable '96 convention which was held in Los Angeles and California from April 28 to May 1 1996. Views of John Aronsohn, senior analyst of the Yankee Group on the convention; What the show was expected to focus on; Focus of customers; Views...