CableLabs Ruling: 'You're Certifiable'
- Cable Labs as Network Operator. Weinschenk, Carl // Communications Technology;Jan2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p8
The article presents information on how to save money in the operation and maintenance of broadband networks. CableLabs Inc.' mandate is to help the industry develop its next generation of equipment. That doesn't mean that it doesn't spend a good deal of time ensuring the stability of its own...
- CableLabs hits PacketCable 1.0 deadline. Dawson // Multichannel News;12/13/99, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p160
Reports that the Cable Television Laboratories Inc. PacketCable group has met its deadline for delivering specifications for version 1.0 of its protocols. Vendor production of supporting equipment in 2000; Vital components embodied in cable modems; Conformation to version 1.1 of Data Over Cable...
- CABLELABS CREATES INTEGRATED CABLE MODEM TEST PROGRAM. // Modem Users News;Sep2002, pN.PAG
Focuses on the integrated cable modem test program developed by CableLabs. Purpose of consolidating the certification testings of CableLabs; Advantages of the program; Information on the certification/qualification process of the firm.
- CableLabs starts testing for Wave 19. // CED;Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the operation of the Wave 19 certification and qualification process for cable modems by CableLabs. Schedule of the Wave 19 testing; Inclusions of the testing; Number of companies seeking 1.0 certification.
- More gear breaks through DOCSIS 1.1 barrier. // CED;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p12
Features DOCSIS 1.1 cable modem from CableLabs. Key features; Usability; Dependability.
- BRIEF. // Cable World (10427228);5/20/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p33
Reports on the effort of Bravo and Independent Film Channel to launch an on-air advertising campaign to push cable modems. Actors to be featured by the networks; Information on Go2Broadband, a service from CableLabs carried by the network.
- This just in. // Multichannel News;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p2
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States, for the week ended March 13, 2000. Increase in the number of digital video subscribers; Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s certification of ten plug-and-play cable modems.
- DOCSIS 1.1 Test Wave Slated for October. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;08/14/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p12
Reports on first certification wave for DOCSIS 1.1 (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification) equipment in the United States scheduled to begin October 23, 2000. Testing of the interoperability of cable modems and cable-modem-termination systems built into those specifications;...
- Heading for Pre-Migration Readiness Assessment and Strategy. Emmendorfer, Mike // Communications Technology;Dec2006, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p28
The article discusses the establishment DOCSIS systems by CableLabs. The company creates the DOCSIS 3.0 specifications that will provide cable operators with high bit rate services needed for revenue protection and growth in residential and commercial services. DOCSIS technology provides high...