Smarter Bandwidth Throttling
- Resource management of IP-enabled DVB-T networks in the context of wireless B3G systems. D. Kouis; P. Demestichas; G. Koundourakis; M. Theologou // Wireless Networks (10220038);Apr2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p165
Abstract??The wireless beyond 3G systems or the so called Composite Radio Environments (CRE) (or even 4G systems), consist of multiple type radio access technologies, collaborating with each other, providing both diverse access alternatives and QoS improvement, especially as far as concerns...
- TFI Report Says That By 2010,US Broadband Penetration Of 75% Is Likely. // Microwaves & RF;Jan2005, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p23
Presents a forecast on an increase in the use of bandwidth broadband services in the U.S. by 2025. Factors that could contribute to the increase; Percentage of U.S. households which will subscribe to broadband access; Ranges of data rates for broadband communication.
- Seattle releases RFI for 700 MHz LTE. Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;12/22/2011, p2
The article reports that Seattle recently issued a request for information (RFI) in an effort to solicit information from vendors and other potential partners about mission-critical 700 MHz broadband data and voice options that is expected to be monitored closely throughout the nation. Bill...
- Broadband Subscribers Grow in 2002. Peterson, Shane // Government Technology;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p09
Reports on the growth in the number of worldwide broadband subscribers in 2002, according to a report by the International Telecommunication Union. Number of broadband subscribers in South Korea; Contribution of broadband access to consumer spending; Expectations on the market penetration of...
- IEEE leaves ultra-wideband comms future undecided. // Electronics Weekly;11/26/2003, Issue 2125, p3
The future of ultra-wideband comms is wide open, after the Institute of Electric and Electronic Engineering standards group failed to choose a physical interface at its recent meeting. Two choices are available for the PHY, a single band pulse or a multiband-Optical Frequency Division...
- Broadband powerline comms takes hold in US. Reynolds, Melanie // Electronics Weekly;3/2/2005, Issue 2183, p4
The article reports that broadband over powerline (BPL) has been tipped to really start taking off in the U.S. this year as commercial deployments rise. According to the New Millennium Research Council (NMRC) there were over 20 BPL projects in operation in 2004 with more expected to come online...
- STANDARDS EXTEND BROADBAND'S speed and REACH. Marsh, David // EDN Europe;Dec2003, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p27
Focuses on the increase in the use of broadband lines. Need to formulate standards to increase bandwidth and lengthen service reach; Employment of asymmetrical-digital-subscriber-line technology by broadband lines; Advantages of subscribers who lie within broadband reach. INSETS: AT A...
- Broadband gains ground. Arnold, Catherine // Marketing News;12/8/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p18
Reports on the increase in the number of U.S. households which use broadband technology in 2002. Uses of the broadband technology; Increase in the use of dial-up access; Growth of home broadband usage.
- Contender or pretender? Brown, Karen // CED;Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p40
Reports on the signs of increased demand for broadband over powerline service in the U.S. Development of a standard for broadband over powerline; Issues stemming from broadband over powerline networks; Rollout of a broadband over powerline service.