TARGETING NEW REVENUE
- What's Up: Interesting Tech Stuff Roundup. // Multichannel News;4/30/2012, Issue 18, p26
The article offers information on cable technology circles including the fiber shortage, video on demand (VOD) digital ad insertion (DAI), and the use of mixed cadence technique by some networks.
- In Demand's Kuharsky Looks for VOD Partners. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p22
Reports the strategy of improving the video-on-demand offerings in the U.S. Plan of forming a national partnership scheme; Increase in the market share of home video business; Alleviation of creative services.
- VOD's bottom-line improving. Kuhl, Craig // CED;Feb2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p76
Reports developments on video-on-demand business (VOD) as of February 2002. Revenue projections for VOD; Decrease of costs of hardware; Analysis of the market share in the computer industry.
- Simple marcom plans are your best bet. Lamons, Bob // Marketing News;02/01/99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
This article presents information on the 10 sections included in a streamlined marketing communications (marcom) plan. The first section of the marcom plan is situation analysis. This describes the playing field, the environment in which one would compete. It should cover such things as major...
- Policy implications of "free-on-demand" Krauss, Jeffrey // CED;Apr2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p58
Explores the policy implications of free video-on-demand (VOD). Overview of VOD technology; Role of free public, education and government (PEG)-on demand in solving both the efficiency problem and the schedule problem for PEG-access channels; Requirements to implement free PEG-on-demand.
- FearNet Flicks Are Fo' Shizzle. Spangler, Todd; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/12/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p4
The article reports on the growing popularity of FearNet's free video-on-demand movie channel and free on-demand services in terms of views per server hour. It is also revealed that Fearnet was second for high-definition (HD) on-demand especially horror movies including the "Snoop Dogg's Hood of...
- ExerciseTV Bulks Up Content, Revenue. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;3/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p10
The article discusses the 48% revenue increase posted in 2009 campaign by Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc. through ExcerciseTV and video on demand.
- NPD: IVOD and EST Revenue to Double by 2015. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/12/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 50, p8
The article reports on the expected increase in revenue from subscription video-on-demand (VOD) and electronic sellthrough in the U.S. by 2015 due to a rise in Internet-enabled television (TV) devices, according to NPD In-Stat in December 2011.
- Pact CEO says VOD profits must go on improving content. Davies, Jessica // New Media Age;6/10/2010, p11
The article focuses on the need for broadcasters to channel more of the revenues they generate from video-on-demand services back into producing stronger online content according to John McVay, chief executive officer (CEO) of Pact.