- Comcast joins NBCU-News Corp. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/17/2007, Vol. 399 Issue 9, p2
The article presents information on the signing of Comcast Corp., by the online joint venture between NEC Universal and News Corp Ltd., as a nonequity content provider. It states that Comcast will deliver programming from its stable of cable channels, including Style, E! and G4. According to...
- BOSTON: THE BASIC TEST. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/31/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the 66,000 basic video subscribers that have been lost by Comcast Corp. in the second quarter of 2006. The most mature telephone market of Comcast also lost 16,000 basic customers in 2005 but has recently experienced gains according to its chief operating officer Steve...
- Comcast Pared to 5 Divisions. // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p37
Reports on the move of Comcast Corp. to reorder its cable operations on November 7, 2003. Details on the leadership of Steve Burke; Acquisition of AT&T Broadband; Personnel changes in the company.
- Comcast unit targets online interactivity. Marlowe, Chris; Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/13/2005, Vol. 392 Issue 13, p4
This article reports that Comcast Corp. on Monday made a highly visible commitment to furthering its online activities by announcing the formation of Comcast Interactive Media (CIM). Amy Banse will head the new division as president, reporting to Comcast chief operating officer Steve Burke. A...
- THE 100 The Top 10. // CableFAX Magazine;Apr2014, p6
The article features the top 10 corporate executives who were listed in the CableFax 100. Executives include Brian Roberts, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of American telecommunications company Comcast Corp., Stephen B. Burke, CEO of media and entertainment company NBCUniversal, and...
- HITCHED, HATCHED, HIRED. // Hollywood Reporter;8/30/2013, Issue 30/31, p32
The article presents updates on the entertainment industry as of August 2013. CNN anchor Isha Sesay wed CNN Director Leif Coorlim at the Mandarin Oriental on August 17. Actress Soleil Moon Frye and husband, film producer Jason Goldberg are expecting third children. Comcast Corp. has extended the...
- Grudge Match. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;5/3/2016, Vol. 331 Issue 15, p24
The article reports on the move of Comcast Corp. leaders Brian Roberts and Steve Burke after they failed to acquire the unrivaled family entertainment Disney. It reveals that the cable giant's NBCUniversal arm is pushing a deal to buy DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. in order to compete with...
- Consumer electronics fueling growth. Wade, Will // Electronic News;03/02/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2208, p1
Focuses on the demand for analog systems in the consumer electronics market in the United States. Sales of the analog industry from the consumer electronics segment; Forecasts on the future of the analog industry; Challenges in the integration of analog parts to digital electronic components.
- What Comcast Could Buy. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/31/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p2
The article lists the top 25 cable multiple-system operators that Comcast could buy in the U.S., including Cablevision Systems, Bright House Networks and Suddenlink Communications.